Club Nintendo selling GBA games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by R2DJ, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008

Club Nintendo selling GBA games? by R2DJ at 9:19 PM (2,997 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    If you have a Club Nintendo account, go to the Stars catalogue and you can actually exchange stars for a GBA game. But there are only two games in there:
    • Mario Power Tennis
    • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
    If you have 5000 stars (or more) then you better get it...(unless you have a better "slot solution")

They also have some new items. It's funny that they have those items on the day the stars collected for a long time will be GONE...

2. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    To specify, he means Club Nintendo in Europe.

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    And Club Nintendo in Europe doesn't even include all European countries.

4. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    That's so mean! [​IMG] Really, for a scheme that's supposed to reward loyalty to pull out 2 high-balance items on the day you wipe out the highest balances, well that's a great way to kick your customers up the arse.

Still, I suppose they had to do something. From all those years of offering crap there must be some people with a mountain of stars out there. If they'd got the stars catalogue right in the first place they wouldn't be in this mess. Still, at least there's more than mobile wallpapers in there now, and it's free so I suppose we have no right to complain. We can still grumble about it though [​IMG]

5. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Exactly! And the fact that the Wii points card shop is 90% out of stock for Wii points just adds insult to injury. People with a lot of stars just have to think of a way to spend their points...

I only had 130 stars left so I just spent it on 2 Nintendo wallpapers... Anything else was spent with Wii points.

EDIT: 300th post! Yay! [​IMG]

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    shame i don't have 5000 points, not that i care anyway

7. Geek72790

Newcomer Geek72790 Advanced Member

United States
    Too bad I have no stars at all, mainly cause here in America, we have no Club Nintendo. [​IMG]

Last free thing I got from Nintendo was the Zelda Collection disc for registering my Gamecube and a bunch of games, and that was like at least 4 years ago [​IMG] but that doesn't count those free controller gloves that I never used, (Hell I got a second pack since after I go my Wii fixed, they had S/N of the Wii they used to replace mine on the receipt for the repair, and I used that to order more gloves which I have yet to open.) and the wrist straps were cool, I used them for my Flash drives.

ahh I guess Europeans need SOMETHING good don't they [​IMG] they always seem to get the ass end of everything.

8. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Well, that's not really true... You americans get all those game earlier then we europeans.

9. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    HOLY...CRAP! 5000 Stars?
    I was able to buy 200 Wii Points only and I still have 200 stars...enough for FOUR WALLPAPERS YAY!
    Really the whole Club Nintendo rip offs people...but still it's nice to get PIN code with a game (we do not get it always in poland)

10. Jackreyes

Jackreyes Newbie

Its only with first party games that you get the points cards.

and I spent my 2000 or so on wii points.

11. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Actually I think you need way too much points for any of those games. You can get them cheaper on eBay or a VG reseller. If they were limited, okay, but for regular games I wouldn't spend 5000 stars it.

The last item I got was a nice T-Shirt for 3000 stars, but thinking of spending about EUR 400 to get a T-Shirt sucks. However, I didn't even register the last games I bought (about 5-6 PIN codes waiting for activation) since they're usable until 2011 and they don't have anything I want at the moment, I can wait.

12. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wasn't there a Tingle game for Club Nintendo members? If memory serves, it was basically Balloon Fight--too bad there's no dump of it.

13. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] You know, we have crappy developer than Nintendo itself here. They are removing these PIN cards while giving us useless Polish instruction.
    I got Brawl from UK some time ago and it had PIN card, but I know that if I would buy it here it wouldn't have it.

14. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    'Tingle's Balloon Fight' was released in Japan only afaik. There's a dump of it floating around, but it's not numbered since the cart wasn't commercially available.
    Look here -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=49257

15. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ah, cool. This and Tank Beat 2 are the only games I've actually wanted to play that didn't seem to get released ^^

16. fullpay

Newcomer fullpay Member

United States
    Nintendo in Europe?

17. Rogue Trader

Member Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I actually managed to get one of the Mario Tennis games the last time they released them.

It is a bit of a pain that they rarely have anything good to spend the points on, but hey, it's free, so I'm not complaining.