Gaming Club Nintendo points...

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I recently bought a Wii U as many may know and about 10 games.

I want to register my points and console and I was just wondering if this is a smart move or not since its shutting down? How do I go about it? Will I lose anything by registering the points?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I just wan to make sure. Thanks.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO IT! Next month you'll be grateful you have all those coins to get free games for you awesome new Wii U! You won't lose anything but the time it takes to register your games.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DO IT! Next month you'll be grateful you have all those coins to get free games for you awesome new Wii U! You won't lose anything but the time it takes to register your games.

It doesn't work that way in Europe. We don't get free games.

OP, put them codes on sale on eBay. There's going to be nothing worthwhile on Club Nintendo and if you're not hoarding points like there's no tomorrow, you can't even afford any of the nicer stuff on Club Nintendo. Only some pathetic ringtones or wallpapers or Pikmin keyrings if you're lucky.

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work that way in Europe. We don't get free games.

OP, put them codes on sale on eBay. There's going to be nothing worthwhile on Club Nintendo and if you're not hoarding points like there's no tomorrow, you can't even afford any of the nicer stuff on Club Nintendo. Only some pathetic ringtones or wallpapers or Pikmin keyrings if you're lucky.

What do you get in Europe?

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's definitely crap over here. To get an idea of Europe's catalog: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB

To put the numbers in perspective: a game is 250 and a console 1000, if memory serves right.

We do rarely get a nice soundtrack or collectible, but they're really "expensive" and out of stock quickly most of the time.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Seems as though they recently added a new item to Club Nintendo UK and that is... a Yoshi green wallpaper. :mellow:

5244-5411679d15cc6.png

What.. why.. Nintendo?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why does that picture look so easy to put into Photoshop, correct the perspective and repeat the pattern? It wouldn't be as detailed as the "original", though that looks awful to begin with. Lots of better wallpapers to be found online for free. Nintendo just can't be bothered to do anything with Club Nintendo now, it's going down anyway so why not go down with the worst line up ever?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why would iQue even have an iQue club... Lol.

Seriously though, what the hell is going on with iQue nowadays? Nintendo had this joint venture with them for over a decade and they never made something out of it. Nintendo actually had game consoles in China during the Chinese ban of video game consoles that was lifted until recently. And now even Xbox is a bigger thing than Nintendo in China. Who is responsible for being so stupid not to take into account the world's biggest market?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what its worth, in the past, Europe did get a few exclusive club nintendo rewards that were better than anything the NA club nintendo ever got, specifically that SNES classic controller for the Wii was sweet and I'm jealous we never had an option for anything like that.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For what its worth, in the past, Europe did get a few exclusive club nintendo rewards that were better than anything the NA club nintendo ever got, specifically that SNES classic controller for the Wii was sweet and I'm jealous we never had an option for anything like that.

I'd rather take digital games as rewards than a controller that doesn't work in half of the games available for the Wii.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather take digital games as rewards than a controller that doesn't work in half of the games available for the Wii.

So what if it doesn't work on half of the official games available for the Wii? It would be fantastic for the SNES emulator and some of the other emulators. i mean the majority of people on this site have hacked their Wii or vWii so it would really serve a great use for people that want that authentic feel especially when playing SNES games.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So what if it doesn't work on half of the official games available for the Wii? It would be fantastic for the SNES emulator and some of the other emulators. i mean the majority of people on this site have hacked their Wii or vWii so it would really serve a great use for people that want that authentic feel especially when playing SNES games.

I have it and it's okay for the first 15 minutes. Then, once you're always reminded there's a Wiimote hanging from the SNES controller it instantly loses its appeal and usefulness. I've only used it once or twice. Still have the box and everything, though not sure if I want to keep it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it and it's okay for the first 15 minutes. Then, once you're always reminded there's a Wiimote hanging from the SNES controller it instantly loses its appeal and usefulness. I've only used it once or twice. Still have the box and everything, though not sure if I want to keep it.

Well at this point, sure, considering the Wii U pro controller is wireless, works with SNES and other emulators on the Wii, and gets that job done that way, yeah it doesn't make much sense. But that controller came out years ago, long before the Wii U was a thing, and if you were going to play your SNES emulator, you were going to be bogged down by a cord regardless. I'm not here saying that its a great thing for this day and age, but at the time of its release, I was super jealous of that product, and was for quite a while. Europe did get some nice exclusives over the years, perhaps they don't hold up, but at the time they were great.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But that controller came out years ago, long before the Wii U was a thing, and if you were going to play your SNES emulator, you were going to be bogged down by a cord regardless.
I specifically meant the fact a Wiimote is dangling from the controller is what makes it repulsive, not the fact it's wired. So you want a controller that came out years ago long before the Wii U was a thing and still is a better controller than the Club Nintendo SNES controller with a better design and straight plugs into most Wiis? How about this one, which I also have, which is absolutely fantastic: http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/03/05/hori-digital-controller-for-gamecube. If you're in the US you had a chance to get that 10 years ago.

Now the GameCube controller adapter for Wii U gives this Hori controller a new lease of life, making it even better than the SNES controller. Sure, you can buy this adapter to make the SNES controller connect to a PC, though since it was designed like a Classic Controller it has a short cord length, so forget the casualty of sitting on the couch to play games on a TV ten feet away from you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1