Club Nintendo platinum status

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by eilan25, Dec 27, 2014.

1. eilan25
    OP

eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Iceland
    So, I was 3 games short of being platinum status when Pokemon Omega Ruby, Bravely Default and Tales of the Abyss finally came in the mail a few days ago. (took more then a MONTH! dammit)
    So I signed up pokemon when I started playing it and now I decided to register the other 2 for the points.
    So, as a fresh platinum member I wanted to ask how is the free gift thing works?
    and does my coins ever expire, or I can covet them for ever and ever until Nintendo will make me an offer I can't refuse?

2. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    the free gift works they just ask you what you want when you log in sometime in july, yes coins do expire i think it's two years from the date you registered the game in july but i can't remember how to tell.

3. chicodiesel

chicodiesel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2011
    United States
    New York
    Hi eilan25, I'll try to answer your question to the best of my knowledge. Platinum members free gift is usually awarded to those who achieve platinum status by July 1 of that given year. Platinum members are only able to claim one gift out of the selection that is displayed regardless of whether it's platinum or gold rewards. As far as the coin expiration, it usually expires mid August. The expiration day is shown in the awards page.

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Yea, something expires, I missed my free download of a game, I was going to download a full retail Donkey Kong 3DS game but it expired before I could manage to download.

5. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    you chose a game or physical gift from their offers in exchange of coins
    no , coins never expire , only the platinum status does
    however , the coins that not redeemed in the card can be expired if you didn't redeem it in time ( maybe 1-2 year )
    but once its on your profile , its stay there forever until you use them

6. eilan25
    OP

eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Iceland
    Wow, thanks everyone!
    you all have really helped!
    I am guessing there is no chance of getting NoA to send physical gifts outside of America huh?

7. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    you can , they send it for free to your shipment location ( aramex or fedex for example )

but don't mention that you don't live in USA , if they know , they will delete your club nintendo account ( not your 3DS account , only the club )
    delete ting the club Nintendo account will make you unable to play any games that you got it for coins from the club