Club Nintendo Japan Hacked!

TackyPie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan's Club Nintendo service was hacked following thousands of unauthorized accesses across the last month. Nintendo announced that an internal investigation confirmed just under 24,000 illegitimate logins between June 9 and July 4, from over 15 million attempts.

Source

TackyPie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the first post for you.

• Do not copy an article verbatim.
  • Write a bit of your own viewpoint or comments or intro or something.
  • Include a source link like the user-submitted news says to.
  • Do not copy-paste black text formatting.
Ok I'll remember that next time.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ib2iK5yZLgY9rL.gif
Not quite "Online", but still, dangerously close.

There's a lesson about hubris in this somewhere.

Reactions: TerryG

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hacked following thousands of unauthorized accesses
Sorry, but thousands of unauthorized accesses isn't already hacked? They were hacked after that somehow? The hack is what caused all those unauthorized accesses, I'm pretty sure.

Wut.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, It's not like this affects 99% of GBAtemp users. Not that there's anything on my account worth taking.

ib2iK5yZLgY9rL.gif
Not quite "Online", but still, dangerously close.

There's a lesson about hubris in this somewhere.
What movie is this from? It looks funny.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no looper can't be as bad as the worst movie ever..... cloverfield hands down was (and will always be) the worst movie ever

although it was advertised very well (good enough I bought the piece of shit)...maybe nintendo could get some lessons from them in that field regarding the wii u lol

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
No lol. The critically acclaimed worst movie ever is Plan 9 from Outer Space... XD it's so bad. (like the power glove XD) *shot*

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an link to an actual list of the "Worst Movies Ever". Film makers old and new, local and international, all agree these are the worst movies ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

Personally I think "Battlefield Earth" and "Jack and Jill" were the worst movies ever made. Battlefield even surpassed all the movies everyone above me have said in sheer stupidity and bad directoring. And as for Jack and Jill? IT SWEPT THE 32nd Golden Raspberry Awards (This is literally the oscars of bad movies). It won every single award that night (10) and was nominated 12 times.

Bonus: During my free time I like to google/youtube reviews for these movies. God its the funniest shit ever.

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the last airbender as worst movie.

OT. thankfully nothing was truly breached or taken from nintendo site... but would there even be anything of value to take from club nintendo? or is it also somehow connected to the eshops?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol at when most services are hacked everyone going "oh god no" and when club Nintendo gets hacked it's like "who cares".
Seriously though, there is one reason to be concerned if you are a club Nintendo Japan user:
Nintendo said customer information compromised in the attack includes full names, phone numbers, and home and email addresses.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the last airbender as worst movie.

OT. thankfully nothing was truly breached or taken from nintendo site... but would there even be anything of value to take from club nintendo? or is it also somehow connected to the eshops?
Well, considering downloaded titles are linked to that 3DS, it wouldn't/shouldn't be possible for it to be affected. The only way it's connected (to my knowledge) is your Club Nintendo account getting coins from games you buy from the eShop, and someone using those coins to buy a downloadable game.

So, it's possible that a bunch of people spent your coins, but... meh.
Lol at when most services are hacked everyone going "oh god no" and when club Nintendo gets hacked it's like "who cares".
Seriously though, there is one reason to be concerned if you are a club Nintendo Japan user:
Oh shi- wait, I live in the US. 'Murica, fuck yeah! Just kidding (kinda). That sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks