Gaming Club Nintendo February Offerings...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, this is how crap Nintendo Club has been to me:

Total Stars Earned (all time): 7785
Current Balance: 2500
Stars I've Actually Spent: 1700
How long do points last in the first place?
Just looked at the prizes and all the good stuff is 5000+, but even then there's a very limited selection of items. Hmm, that SNES controller is pretty sweet, too bad it's 7000 stars. In any case shits in need of a revamp already, these prizes are old!

Oh and game releases have been weak lately so I can't help you much at the moment, next on my list is Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem, let's see what happens after that.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
How long do points last in the first place?
Just looked at the prizes and all the good stuff is 5000+, but even then there's a very limited selection of items. Hmm, that SNES controller is pretty sweet, too bad it's 7000 stars. In any case shits in need of a revamp already, these prizes are old!

Oh and game releases have been weak lately so I can't help you much at the moment, next on my list is Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem, let's see what happens after that.
I guess it's a 2 year expiry from when you register them. I'm losing another 100 at the end of this month but there's nothing there for 100 stars and I'd rather not eat into the ones I'm not losing.
However I do strongly suspect they'll revamp the prizes soon so that's what I'm holding out for.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a deck of Animal Crossing cards yesterday (after registering my copy of FE: Awakening). I'm pretty darn happy.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you pay for the game AND the code. Do you really think sales would be exactly the same if Club Nintendo didn't exist? If that were true, they would just shut it down. They would be losing money from the cheap prizes the give.

PS: I just bought Balloon Fight so I could get coins.

You don't pay for the code dude, that's dumb. What about all the other titles that cost full price for Nintendo consoles and don't have codes? You're paying for the game. The code is free with new purchase, as majority of people are buying a game for the game, not the code. If they're buying a game just for the code, they should be shot.

Code = Free.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't pay for the code dude, that's dumb. What about all the other titles that cost full price for Nintendo consoles and don't have codes? You're paying for the game. The code is free with new purchase, as majority of people are buying a game for the game, not the code. If they're buying a game just for the code, they should be shot.

Code = Free.
You didn't answer my question.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't answer my question.
God I'm getting tired of people saying this over the site.

Yes, I do think sales would be the same, and no, they wouldn't shut it down. Why would they? Does it cost them anything? Yeah sure, but they make it up again in sales anyways, which gives them more money than what they lose.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
God I'm getting tired of people saying this over the site.

Yes, I do think sales would be the same, and no, they wouldn't shut it down. Why would they? Does it cost them anything? Yeah sure, but they make it up again in sales anyways, which gives them more money than what they lose.
You need to relax bro. As I said earlier, I'm not complaining about the system. I just think that Club Nintendo is profitable for them, because it gives people another reason to go with their games, instead of used or third party ones. People always love bonus content, even if it's worthless.

Btw, Balloon Fight was only 30 cents. If it had been a dollar or something, I wouldn't have bought it for the coins. I also thought I would enjoy the game more than I do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.