*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

bittboy1.png

NOW CLOSED!

To celebrate this years Black Friday , GBAtemp have partnered with BittBoy.com to give our members a chance to win 1 of 2 BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds.

Sporting a Famicom-style design, a pocket friendly size and bright IPS screen; the BittBoy FC Mini is a great way to experience the 300 classic NES games that are built right in. The BittBoy also features a rechargeable battery, TV output and evn turbo buttons for more convenience.

GBAtemp are giving away 2x White BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds - to enter just register for free at GBAtemp if you are not already a member and post in this topic telling us your favourite retro gaming memory (doesn't have to be GameBoy related and only needs to be a couple sentences or more) and a winner will be picked at random on Friday November 24th. Also remember to Like BittBoy on Facebook and Follow BittBoy on Twitter.

Full details can be found within this topic, so just enter the link below to get entered!

:arrow: Bittboy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

BittBoy.com are offering a 10% discount to all GBAtemp members for those that wish to place an order at BittBoy.com - simply enter code "bf10" at checkout to recieve a 10% discount on your order total.

Last edited by shaunj66,

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a kid, playing video games was an every-day activity. In the 1st grade, I would always play my Gamecube before I went off to school. It was always Lego Star Wars...always. When I came home, I was off to play more video games. This combined with my favorite TV shows, my life was complete.

Super Mario Sunshine definitely has a special place in my heart. While it may not be a widely accepted Mario game, I thoroughly enjoyed it as a kid and was incredibly disappointed to see that I had scratched it too much to be playable (I never put the games in their cases). Nowadays, I can't play games such as Mario Sunshine merely because I am too stuck up on the idea that constant 60FPS and 1080p is a NECESSITY for a great gaming experience.

Perhaps one of my favorite nostalgic memories was playing the SNES at my grandmas. The only good game she had was Super Mario World, however I struggled to complete the game due to the fact that I had to think of genius ways to keep the controller sockets in place with tape and books. Nevertheless, I absolutely loved playing the game during Christmas. As a kid, I was a creature of comfort. I could never play Super Mario World during any other season other than winter. It just didn't feel right.

I was a weird kid

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite retro gaming memory is when I finally got to play my first Playstation 1 game, Pac-Man World, on my first TV, and my first Playstation, once again after many years. Even though the TV had lots of problems from its age (the entire right side of the screen had become messed up from keeping a movie on pause and after just a few minutes of staring at the game over screen part of Toc-Mans face had temporarily burnt into the screen), after many days and hours and school days I managed to complete the game, an accomplishment I had never done when I first played.

Back then, life was a lot simpler and better for me and I was a Nintendo and Sony fan for the most part, and I still own both the console and game to this day. Nowadays life is tougher for me but I still enjoy it. Nowadays I still play Nintendo but have switched from Sony to Microsoft for my 2nd favorite. I've also developed a love for the Saturn, but I still remember the simpler days.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
ZX Spectrum my first game machine:ha:
It was in 80th... Favorite games was Dizzy, sobateur, barbarian, rtype. Little later - rambo(atari 2600 clone), dendy(famiclone), smd2, ps1(silent hill+RE forever) and...........Now i am ahem-ahem years old and cant stop. My little girl growing up in old gamer's family
Good luck my friends!!!

Last edited by AL_16,

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
my favourite memory has to be when i first got my shiny cyndaquil from crystal spent somuch fking time on soft reseting it was a pain but worth it !

Jtan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite retro memory has to be playing Madden 96 on my Sega Genesis (that I still own and play) with my dad. I was only 9 years old, it honestly taught me how to be a gracious winner/loser.

But my father on the other hand.. I can remember a few times where he dropped the controller and literally told the game to fuck off and walked out the room. He couldn't take losing back to back to his 9 year old son lol! He still denies it to this day. But we both know he hates John Madden because of that game.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite remember exactly how it happened but I am glad that I found Chrono Trigger as a kid. It really kindled my love for RPGs. I did play Pokemon Blue as a kid when a friend let me borrow his Gameboy. But Chrono just had this magic that Pokemon could never best. I've been a huge fan of RPGs since finishing Chrono Trigger.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its always been about ghouls and ghosts for me back in the day .. when me and my older brother finished the NES version at 3am we woke our mum up to tell her .. she wasn't pleased it was a school night and it was the middle of the night ... years later Super Ghost & Goblins came out on SNES ... we we got to the end .. Finally ( Leaving the console on for days ) ... it sent us back to the very beginning to look for a Hidden Key :(

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember playing Super Soccer with a friend for countless nights on a Super Nintendo we placed secretly in a garden house when I was young.
There was a small TV and whenever his family was about to visit us, we made sure he sleeps by me and after our parents fell asleep we sneaked into the garden house in the dark and fired up Super Soccer. Oh those memories.

flojomojo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wanted an Atari, but my parents wouldn't get me one. Now I'm obsessed! See what happens when you try to "help" a kid?

I wish someone would rerelease the excellent Sunsoft port of Spy Hunter.

And I hope I win this contest. I would have bought a Bitt Boy a long time ago, but they seem to have vanished from most USA sellers.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Lots of great posts so far!

Good luck to everyone entering!

Please spread the word on social media to give friends and family a chance to win too!
i already asked but here's again, because it seems lost between the entries:
can i participate and ask to give away the console to another gbatemper if i would win?
even tought he is already participating?

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
i already asked but here's again, because it seems lost between the entries:
I have the same question

But anyway, here´s my memory card
41TPBZ7BFBL.jpg

Wait, that´s not it...

Ok, now for real

When I was a kid and played Yoshi´s Island on my Sister´s GBA for the first time, I loved
that game, I even bought my own copy of the game when I got my first console (DS lite)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

calagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I starved myself eating cheap hotdogs every day for months to save on my lunch money to buy a Vectrex on clearance at the local toy store.

Playing Minestorm, Hyperspin and Berserk for hours on, hidden in the basement's boiler room (I never told my parents I bought it), made it all worthwhile: it took years before any system could match the Vectrex' ability to display so many objects on the screen so fast and smoothly thanks its vector display technology.

Onsonj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I first got my fat grey game boy with Pokémon blue. I took it to school and the other kids had a gameshark and were getting all kinds of Pokémon. I came home crying because I wanted one to be like the other kids. She didn’t have a lot of money but she took me to wal-mart and bought one for me. She passed away 14 years ago, and I still have the same gameshark she bought me.

D

Deleted User

Honestly, my favorite retro gaming moment would have to be something not quite so retro. Back on the Wii (well, I guess it is technically retro now) I played my first Legend of Zelda game. I fell in love with the series, my favorite being Twilight Princess.

jebscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite memory as a child was back in 1993 while playing Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins on the original Gameboy. Fun game and at that time I was 10 years old and you talk about a hard game to play at that age.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favourite gaming memory has to be the night I discovered video games. It was the late summer of 98 I'm 7 and had gone to visit my sister in London and her boyfriend at the time had a N64 (which I had no idea such a thing existed, I had only ever seen and played gameboy)
Seeing Goldeneye & Zelda was mind blowing, shooting a guard and taking their machine gun to use on the next guard was like nothing id had access to at the time, my eyes hadn't seen that. A distinct memory that night was on Fighters Destiny for N64, knocking the enemy off the suspended platform to their doom and they'd fall down, as a power rangers fan that was exactly the kind of game I needed.

That Christmas of 98 I got an N64 and fresh green controller for multiplayer, Goldeneye and 007 (given by my sisters boyfriend who's console I had truly discovered gaming on) and the rest is history

Side story, old menory I have from around 2000 was playing Toca on a ps1 demo disc and thinking "well that's it, graphics can't possibly look any better than this". Little did I know.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing Pokémon Red as a kid was fun. I would always use cut to remove the grass when I didn't want to battle and had no repels or when my Pokémon had low health.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr