*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Shift

Shift Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    United States
    Loved getting the SNES Mario Paint bundle for my 5th birthday. I still need to get around to picking up a copy again someday.

2. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    London
    Star Wars battlefront 2 on the ps2 with my Dad.

It was our favourite game, my name is Luke so it was pretty fitting. We used to play galactic conquest all the time and dual as Luke and Vader. Some good times :)

3. Steve Antony Williams

Steve Antony Williams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    All Zelda games for me! Love all of them.

4. LukeHasAWii

LukeHasAWii If specified, this replaces title above your posts

Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Iowa
    Well, it doesnt hurt to try to enter, here ya go-

I enjoyed playing Super Mario Bros. on my NES with a CRT TV and finding the secrets before you could just look them up online!

Good luck everyone, with 15 pages of entries, there isn't a huge chance of winning, but I can try.

5. vsevolod

vsevolod Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2009
    France
    my favourite retro gaming memory is actually getting Game Boy when i was 11 or so, played the hell out of Tetris

my favourite recent retro gaming memory is playing through the English fan-translation of For the Frog the Bell Tolls (Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru), which is the secret best GB game.

Last edited by vsevolod, Nov 24, 2017
  6. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Olmectron is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I never owned any console before the GameBoyAdvance. However, I got to play Pokemon Gold and Silver via a GBC emulator on PC. Don't remember its name right now, but it used to have some graphical glitches from time to time. I used to play them with my brother (I was 6 and he was 8), while we both played by turns while advancing through each of the routes in the game, catching Rattatas and Hoothoots for hours, using the keyboard on a 128 MB of RAM PC.

It was really fun. No other PC flash game from Cartoon Network website was as addictive as Gold and Silver were, even when emulated.

While not being a real console, I find it incredible, for a Pokémon game played outside its intented hardware, to catch easily two kids' attention. Those were really a work of passion. Thanks, GameFreak; thanks Nintendo.

7. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    My best retro memories come from the PSX and GAMEBOY. Specially the second one. Playing the whole day -and sometimes even at school- to POKéMON games was amazing. One of the funniest moments of playing POKéMON and I couldn't see the screen so in the character name selector, my name was AAAAAAAA. Good old times.

8. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I loved playing Pokemon Yellow as a kid I always fell for stupid rumors and collecting Pokemon with my brother was always fun! Pokemon is still one of my favorite series!

9. PlasticK

PlasticK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    Russia
    my favorite retro gaming memory is playing the original the legend of zelda link's awakening on the original gameboy in the 90s.

10. rickwj324

rickwj324 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    My gaming days started when my parents brought home a PONG system in the 70's. I've owned nearly every console and handheld that's come out since then. :)

11. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    I remember waiting for Mother 3/EarthBound 64 to come out. It was a dream never come true. (atleast not outside Japan)

12. J-Machine

J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Aug 25, 2011
    Canada
    A concrete Igloo
    my favorite memory has to be when i picked up star ocean 2 on ps1. I was 10 at the time and while I liked the idea of FF7 having a story i didn't like the game per say. The guy at the locally run game store suggested SO2 since it had a good story but you could actually fight in real time like a brawler. What he didn't tell me was the ridiculous crafting system, multiple ending, secret characters, or the massive replay it had.

That game made me realize rpgs were my favorite genre and I still play it every summer to commemorate my finding it

13. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    I remember fighting with my brother and sister over who gets to play the winner (3 brats, 2 controllers... le mayo). Also remember my Dad grinding Zelda at night while us kids were sleeping and marking out stuff on the map we got outta Nintendo Power Magazine. Good member berries! You member? Yeah I member!

14. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    My favourite Famicom game would be Konami World. I'm not sure if it was released outside Japan, but it was one hell of a mashup of character platform games. One of the hardest game I've played too. Well, most of Nintendo games back then were really difficult anyway.

15. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    my favorite retro game use nintendo ds platform.
    it's blue dragon - awakened shadow
    this game in my opinion is the best ds game ever. i mean, the game stages, 3d rendering, all mission things are greatfully planned, also crafting system is so gud.
    who played this game Bfore knows what i mean.

16. nwiifletcher

nwiifletcher Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2014
    United States
    My favorite memory is of playing the Virtual boy while lying down so that i didnt have to lean up against it while sitting in front of the table. I would play for hours. Good times!!!!

17. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Probably the original doom on pc, kid me probably shouldnt have been playing that M rated game (it gave me nightmeres too). But it was still fun as hell (pun intended), even the cheat codes were fun to mess around with. Of course you cant forget the iconic music.

18. Eix

Eix GBAtemp's Best Trap Waifu (I demand snuggles))

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Now in Lowee for a month
    lol
    idk if im late cuz im too lazy to do timezone crap but if were telling retro stuff then my best memory was playing croc legend of the gobbos on my old ps1 while i still lived in kansas
    first game i ever played too :P
    the game disk got broken while moving to florida though so my idiot parents threw out the ps1 but not the disk ,-,
    i still have the broken disk in a plastic bag somewhere and i recently bought a new ps1 so im gonna be able to continue playing with a different disk but same mem stick
    after i relearn the controls -_-

Isso_Non_Ecxiste likes this.
  19. Madikan

Madikan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2014
    Belgium
    My best memories of a retro game were from Xenogears, never felt so concerned for a game, I was still little at the time but it was just amazing; the storytelling was incredible (I had never seen something as deep as that before, and probably won't for a long time) and the graphics at the time were revolutionary to me!
    Really was (and still is) a great game, play it if you haven't, I guarantee you will love it !

20. Akuma147

Akuma147 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2005
    United States
    CA
    Back when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old, I was walking down the street, coming home from school, and thinking about video games like usual. Our family couldn't afford much, so I made a wish for all the systems and all the games in the world.
    Fast forward a few years, I learned out emulators and roms and was quickly downloading nes and snes roms on my 56k modem. It was amazing, getting to play all the games I've only read in gaming magazines or hearing kids talk about. There were many games that I've enjoyed only through emulation, but Chrono Trigger comes to mind, as I remembered people talking about it in my school and giving tips to each other. I finally got to experience it and it was an amazing experience, better than I'd thought it would be.