*closed!* BittBoy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

bittboy1.png

NOW CLOSED!

To celebrate this years Black Friday , GBAtemp have partnered with BittBoy.com to give our members a chance to win 1 of 2 BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds.

Sporting a Famicom-style design, a pocket friendly size and bright IPS screen; the BittBoy FC Mini is a great way to experience the 300 classic NES games that are built right in. The BittBoy also features a rechargeable battery, TV output and evn turbo buttons for more convenience.

GBAtemp are giving away 2x White BittBoy FC Mini Handhelds - to enter just register for free at GBAtemp if you are not already a member and post in this topic telling us your favourite retro gaming memory (doesn't have to be GameBoy related and only needs to be a couple sentences or more) and a winner will be picked at random on Friday November 24th. Also remember to Like BittBoy on Facebook and Follow BittBoy on Twitter.

Full details can be found within this topic, so just enter the link below to get entered!

:arrow: Bittboy FC MINI Handheld BLACK FRIDAY Give-away

BittBoy.com are offering a 10% discount to all GBAtemp members for those that wish to place an order at BittBoy.com - simply enter code "bf10" at checkout to recieve a 10% discount on your order total.

Last edited by shaunj66,

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favourite retro gaming memory would need to be the first time that I laid eyes on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. My uncle had just bought a Super Nintendo, and brought it over to our house so that we could play, and we watched him as he beat the game! It was so amazing, and that was when I realized that I must become a master of Zelda games as he was.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
the 300 classic NES games that are built right in.
Doesn't that kinda get into a legal gray area considering that this device isn't officially licensed by Nintendo? (Or is it? Correct me if I'm wrong...)
That being said, I'd love to have a chance to win one of these things!
I've always had a passion for video games, but no game has stuck out to me more than Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness for the Nintendo GameCube. As one of the more obscure and neglected Pokémon titles, I loved it and still enjoy it to this very day.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up loving rather odd gameboy games like Kirby's Block Ball. Even though it was a breakout clone it still was a lot of fun to play.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame I never grew up in the 80s or 90s, but my awesome dad made it completely up to me on my 13th birthday. He found out that an arcade he went to as a boy was still open, and he took me there, and we spent the whole evening playing the likes of Contra, Missile Command and even PacMan. He introduced me to the staff there, who still remember him as a boy. And that's not even the best bit... they let us take home a Scramble cabinet with a broken coin door!

Too bad they've gone out of business now because that was the time of my life.

Last edited by Alex4nder001,
Reactions: yusuo

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For me its more the general nostaligia, back when I was young and could afford to spend hours on the weekend just playing Sonic or Mario games.

I still remember when I got Sonic Mega collection on the Gamecube years later and was once again able to play a game that I had lost years prior (Sonic 3) which was exciting for me because Sonic 3 and Knuckles was and still is my favourite game.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My retro consoles were the Nintendo Entertainment System, and the Watara Supervision.. (It was a knock-off of the GameBoy).
Somehow, I was very happy with the games that I owned. But looking back to the old days, it looks like I punished myself by playing the games on the SuperVision :rofl2:
Advice: Don't ever play on the SuperVision :lol:

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I remember when I was a Kid, I used to study hard and hard, I was so poor that I did not have Christmas gifts or anything until o grownup and I worked and I was able to buy things myself, so I remember The day my father gave me my first Nintendo 64, and bought me Harvest Moon 64, that was officially my first game and last until I grew up, but really enjoyed the story and music, gives me really good memories.

Quest4glory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quest for Glory IV is my favorite retro gaming memory. It was so buggy that it was near impossible to beat, but damn if it wasn't worth it. The atmosphere, slavic/Transylvanian theme was the best. Also created my GBAtemp username after it so many years ago!

Edit: For the youngins: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_for_Glory:_Shadows_of_Darkness

Last edited by Quest4glory,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
my favorite memory was when my aunt who lives in another country, spent her vacations in here
she did bring me a gameboy color game, pokemon crystal as a gift, as a kid with no control, when she was not around i would go spy in her bag to look at the box art
some days later she gave me the game, only to open an empty box with just the manuals :C
apparently the store where she picked it up forgot that was a display unit with no game, she sent me in the mail months later the game and i can't forget the night that i plugged that pretty blue cartridge in my green gameboy and the first time playing pokemon, it was my first coloured game boy game as well..
the game was in a language that i couldn't understand but it's funny how that didn't stop me from learning the game and that's how i started to learn other languages actually.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad bought an original Gameboy for himself. One time I snuck it into school while in the fourth grade. I would play it while I was pretending to study and this went on for several days. Then the teacher found out and made me stick it in my locker.

Donkey Kong and Zelda Link's Awakening were the first games I ever played on it. I still enjoy playing those old games every now and then. I find them more enjoyable than a lot of new games.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My most memorable was taking my n64 into school and playing 4 player Mario kart, however we didn't know one of our friends was epileptic.

Half way through moo moo farm he starts nudging me, repeatedly, he was last at this point so I just thought he was cheating, without looking I punch him in the arm and he falls off his chair, it's about this time that we realise he's having a seizure.

We all kinda made sure he's alright apart from the person who was in 3rd, who continued the race and won while we were stationery.

He was alright 5 minutes later but at the time we thought the dreaded blue shell had claimed another victim that day

Hindsight it was funny, even the guy who had the fit saw the funny side

Last edited by yusuo,

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My favorite memory was the flying itself with the cape in Super Mario World on the SNES. Back then I didn´t get close to finish the game or anything, but I really loved (and still do) the cape and flying with it.

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted a snes for Christmas with super street fighter 2 turbo edition however my birthday is the 20th of December my mum said it would have to be a joint gift, so morning of my birthday I'm all excited open my present and its street fighter I then had too wait 5 days to play it I know that instruction manual oh so well!!!!

Gekko64

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have very fond memories of unpacking my N64 20 years ago. I will always associate that smell when you unpack new hardware with the N64 and Super Mario 64, my first and favourite console and game of all time. :)

Last edited by Gekko64,

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it was beating Banjo Kazooie when I was 7 years old. I remember I ran outside and went to all of my friends houses in the neighborhood to let them know. Thanks GBAtemp.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my "favorite" moment in my history of video games was probably when my friend traded his gameboy color for my original gameboy just because his batteries were dead :hateit: :toot::yaysp:

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shaunj66 well, I'm not really old enough to have true retro gaming memories, but hell, I'll tape a picture of a SNES to my Wii and set my TV to the lowest resolution possible.
The first video game I played was Mario Kart Wii. I was about...I think six or seven. And I sucked. But, I got better with time
Mario Kart Wii was my favorite game, and really the only one I wanted to play, since I was terrible at NSMBW. But, my dad just kept getting me to play it, and I got really good. I'm very good at MKW nowadays, and still enjoy playing on my Wii. Now that it's hacked, I like to play CTGP-7 and Newer Super Mario Bros Wii.
I don't have a Facebook or Twitter, so, yeah, I'll end with this:
24305_large_funny-graphs-how-people-react-when-i-say-i-dont-have-a-facebook.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.