Hacking Cloning software bought with no NNID preliminary results - not looking good

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
A while ago I bought an old 3DS with Ambassador status plus a few DSiWare titles, and no NNID. My intention was just to transfer to a spare N3DS, then transfer my main N3DSXL to it, then transfer back again, gaining Ambassador status for my own console. But then I thought, what happens when I restore a NAND backup of the spare N3DS from just after the Ambassador stuff got transferred to it? Could I do the same thing again and give a different console the games? Since there's no NNID to link things together and the games are just tied to the console, that should work.
I just transfered back to my main console an hour ago and restored the NAND backup back to the spare N3DS. Unfortunately, the non-DSiWare games do not appear in redownloadable software (I didn't bother to backup the SD card before transferring onto it).
So, it looks like Nintendo had some way of making sure source consoles no longer can use their old software even with no NNID involved and putting everything back the way it was on the console :-(
In seven days I'll try transferring to a second spare just on the off chance the DSiWare titles will transfer (maybe I would have gotten luckier had I also restored a SD card backup but I doubt it).
Even though there was no good news, I thought it would be better to share in case someone else has the same bright idea and wastes a bunch of time on it.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.