ROM Hack CloneCharizard's PokéSav Black & White Translation

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what pokesav should i use totdile's or this one? and if there's a wi-fi fix please let me know.

Jaredmf1012

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this problem ever happened with anyone else, but when opening a pokemon from Pokemon Black, it says the region it came from is Isshu (White) and not Isshu (Black), even though my pokemon are clearly from Black, and not White.

kirbydragon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Totodile said:
coolbho3000 said:
Wow, can you at least attribute the people you took the original translation from?
mellow.gif
The translations you use for the interface seem to be a direct copy and paste from my 0.40c DPP translation (the original Japanese version did not say "all 255" for the EV edit menu, for example - it was a clarification I added). It's not much, but if nobody else, at least credit GSD, really, he might be a complete jerk (
yaynds.gif
) but he did most of the work. Make sure everyone is credited first before trumpeting your own website.

IMO. I don't really care at his point, just something I noticed.
Hi, yea I've noticed he's copy pasted quite a fair amount. I've also decided to use your style for the menu instead of "All Max" and etc. I suspected his HGSS Pokesav used a Gen IV source. He used "his" HGSS menus for BW which amusingly led to errors since COM changed things. COM also added things to the Pokemon menu which his BW "translation" lacks because of copy pasting. I've noticed erroneous "translations" as well. I actually noticed him ENTIRELY copy pasting my Gen V translations for the moves. I actually marked these with @, what's funny though is, he just got rid of them. I'm sure you know this, but this means he has a free character to use, which in my eyes a translator should use to the fullest right? Don't worry, he added random spaces for them and kept my character limited translations haha. I don't use external sources btw, all Gen V translations are my own. His Gen V additions are entirely external, meaning he should have a fair amount different from mine, and no sets of data that match mine. People have been archiving his files for proof, yet it's sad he still denies it and uses my Gen V translations.

This led to me to finding a way to protect my data. You can check out my work here:
http://gbatemp.net/t256531-pokesav-black-a...h-upcoming-mods
I'm almost done, I just need to finish up some "Met" locations. Cheers.
I wasn't aware he copied the lists too.
hate2.gif
Clone has just been copy pasting other people's work, which include coolbho/GSD's(DPP into HGSS) and Totodile's(BW). You could say he isn't a clone for nothing. Totodile has been done with 0.04a for more than a day already with a compact version also.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
kirbydragon said:
Clone has just been copy pasting other people's work. You could say he isn't a clone for nothing. Totodile has been done with 0.04a for more than a day already with a compact version also.
And why don't you stop sucking up at Totodile, if you like his version more, fine, but stop trolling this thread.
dry.gif

And I trust CC's version more, I mean he has done the HG/SS pokesav translation and that one was reliable. CC's already known for his good work~!
yay.gif

Now I understand why some projcets are dropped, it's either because of impatient people or people like you.

smk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the hidden hex option has been added, has anyone been able to get some heavily edit'd pokemon working (ie, pokemon from scratch or pokemon caught-ingame and heavily edited)? If so could you please upload the pkmn file(s)? Would be appreciated :x

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
kirbydragon said:
coolbho3000 said:
Totodile said:
coolbho3000 said:
Wow, can you at least attribute the people you took the original translation from?
mellow.gif
The translations you use for the interface seem to be a direct copy and paste from my 0.40c DPP translation (the original Japanese version did not say "all 255" for the EV edit menu, for example - it was a clarification I added). It's not much, but if nobody else, at least credit GSD, really, he might be a complete jerk (
yaynds.gif
) but he did most of the work. Make sure everyone is credited first before trumpeting your own website.

IMO. I don't really care at his point, just something I noticed.
Hi, yea I've noticed he's copy pasted quite a fair amount. I've also decided to use your style for the menu instead of "All Max" and etc. I suspected his HGSS Pokesav used a Gen IV source. He used "his" HGSS menus for BW which amusingly led to errors since COM changed things. COM also added things to the Pokemon menu which his BW "translation" lacks because of copy pasting. I've noticed erroneous "translations" as well. I actually noticed him ENTIRELY copy pasting my Gen V translations for the moves. I actually marked these with @, what's funny though is, he just got rid of them. I'm sure you know this, but this means he has a free character to use, which in my eyes a translator should use to the fullest right? Don't worry, he added random spaces for them and kept my character limited translations haha. I don't use external sources btw, all Gen V translations are my own. His Gen V additions are entirely external, meaning he should have a fair amount different from mine, and no sets of data that match mine. People have been archiving his files for proof, yet it's sad he still denies it and uses my Gen V translations.

This led to me to finding a way to protect my data. You can check out my work here:
http://gbatemp.net/t256531-pokesav-black-a...h-upcoming-mods
I'm almost done, I just need to finish up some "Met" locations. Cheers.
I wasn't aware he copied the lists too.
hate2.gif
Clone has just been copy pasting other people's work, which include coolbho/GSD's(DPP into HGSS) and Totodile's(BW). You could say he isn't a clone for nothing. Totodile has been done with 0.04a for more than a day already with a compact version also.
Yeah cloneCharizard's is make the userface more easy to use he enjoying it.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people care whos copyig who!?!?!

either make it open source, or guard it! dont make it open source and then comlain about somone copying it!

IMO i dont care whos doing it, think of it as a team effort, im just glad someon is getting it done.

"Not sure if this problem ever happened with anyone else, but when opening a pokemon from Pokemon Black, it says the region it came from is Isshu (White) and not Isshu (Black), even though my pokemon are clearly from Black, and not White. "

Hey dude, u have to change it for every pokemon O.e i have same problme

joker777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
bluebowser31 said:
either make it open source, or guard it! dont make it open source and then comlain about somone copying it!

IMO i dont care whos doing it, think of it as a team effort, im just glad someon is getting it done.

"Not sure if this problem ever happened with anyone else, but when opening a pokemon from Pokemon Black, it says the region it came from is Isshu (White) and not Isshu (Black), even though my pokemon are clearly from Black, and not White. "

I agree

most of the people saying it dont even contribute to the community

hell ive only been here for a week but i helped patch some roms

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:

I don't think if people care if their work is copied but the person who do copy them don't even care to at least give them credit for their work. Lets say you made an awesome program but not a lot of people know about it. Then someone steals your works and then it gets all big and then they says that it is completely theirs and everything was made by them. Wouldn't you get mad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end