ROM Hack CloneCharizard's PokéSav Black & White Translation

AwesomeSauce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off wanted to say thanks for doing this and it looks awesome!

Second, I've looked through the topic looking for an answer but haven't been able to find it so sorry if this question has been answered, but I changed my computer settings to accept japanese characters, which fixed the pokesav from changing my trainer name and boxes to ???, but when I put pokemon into the game, their names are not coming up, and also when i open the file, the file type box is in japanese, where it is in english on the screenshots on the first page. Am I doing something wrong? I know these are minor problems, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong

Thanks again! =]

Totodile

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Wow, can you at least attribute the people you took the original translation from?
Hi, yea I've noticed he's copy pasted quite a fair amount. I've also decided to use your style for the menu instead of "All Max" and etc. I suspected his HGSS Pokesav used a Gen IV source. He used "his" HGSS menus for BW which amusingly led to errors since COM changed things. COM also added things to the Pokemon menu which his BW "translation" lacks because of copy pasting. I've noticed erroneous "translations" as well. I actually noticed him ENTIRELY copy pasting my Gen V translations for the moves. I actually marked these with @, what's funny though is, he just got rid of them. I'm sure you know this, but this means he has a free character to use, which in my eyes a translator should use to the fullest right? Don't worry, he added random spaces for them and kept my character limited translations haha. I don't use external sources btw, all Gen V translations are my own. His Gen V additions are entirely external, meaning he should have a fair amount different from mine, and no sets of data that match mine. People have been archiving his files for proof, yet it's sad he still denies it and uses my Gen V translations.

This led to me to finding a way to protect my data. You can check out my work here:
http://gbatemp.net/t256531-pokesav-black-a...h-upcoming-mods
I'm almost done, I just need to finish up some "Met" locations. Cheers.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Totodile said:
coolbho3000 said:
Wow, can you at least attribute the people you took the original translation from?
Hi, yea I've noticed he's copy pasted quite a fair amount. I've also decided to use your style for the menu instead of "All Max" and etc. I suspected his HGSS Pokesav used a Gen IV source. He used "his" HGSS menus for BW which amusingly led to errors since COM changed things. COM also added things to the Pokemon menu which his BW "translation" lacks because of copy pasting. I've noticed erroneous "translations" as well. I actually noticed him ENTIRELY copy pasting my Gen V translations for the moves. I actually marked these with @, what's funny though is, he just got rid of them. I'm sure you know this, but this means he has a free character to use, which in my eyes a translator should use to the fullest right? Don't worry, he added random spaces for them and kept my character limited translations haha. I don't use external sources btw, all Gen V translations are my own. His Gen V additions are entirely external, meaning he should have a fair amount different from mine, and no sets of data that match mine. People have been archiving his files for proof, yet it's sad he still denies it and uses my Gen V translations.

This led to me to finding a way to protect my data. You can check out my work here:
http://gbatemp.net/t256531-pokesav-black-a...h-upcoming-mods
I'm almost done, I just need to finish up some "Met" locations. Cheers.
I wasn't aware he copied the lists too.
hate2.gif

Roxas93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah CC you really have to fix the random battle thing on the poksav'd pokemon because alot of people want it

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell? go bother COM. neither of the translators here made pokesav. no one ever reads at all...

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
peshala1994 said:
has anyone figured out what hex hidden value to change so we can random battle???
i think the effect of use DW breaded pokemon is a ban, because in one save i used one, and then even when that poke was in the box, i still banned, so i resave with a backup save and everything works fine in random wifi with pokesaved pokemons, just be careful and don't test DW pokemons on random wifi battles, just pokesave the normal abilities, even a egg rotom works, and rotom cannot be breaded

Roxas93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yagami69 said:
peshala1994 said:
has anyone figured out what hex hidden value to change so we can random battle???
i think the effect of use DW breaded pokemon is a ban, because in one save i used one, and then even when that poke was in the box, i still banned, so i resave with a backup save and everything works fine in random wifi with pokesaved pokemons, just be careful and don't test DW pokemons on random wifi battles, just pokesave the normal abilities, even a egg rotom works, and rotom cannot be breaded
I don't get how yor pokesav'd pokemon work on random wifi none of my pokesav'd pokes work on random this is really irritating

Kibago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yagami69 said:
peshala1994 said:

Lol wut?

Rotomizbreedable.jpg

But its good to know that pokesav pokemon work... If they work... i need to check for myself

Zierant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zierant said:
Just registered to reply here.

Okay, so I imported the actual Black game and sadly, pokeshifter is region locked so I resorted to this.

I traded all my pokemon from diamond and SS to platinum in my flash card. I exported those as PKM files and when I loaded those back into the BW Pokesav, EVERY single pokemon has random characters for their name and OT, ie, "?%#", "?????", "$#2A".
If I manually fix them, it works fine but will you be updating this so it can properly read PKM from past pokesavs?
Hey guys.

jice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CC has done a great job translating this. Much thanks.
Everything works very smoothly, and while the random wifi/sav'd mons conflicts are not the responsibility of the translator, it would be nice if someone were to take notice and come up with a fix of some kind.
I have had a few sav'd pokes go through random wifi, but not alot, and with heavy limitations. (I.e; only those I have caught within the game itself and edited legit.)
I have also been kicked out for having a newly hatched lvl1 poke (from within the game again) that I did not do anything at all to, other than just simply load into pokesav normaly.
So the issue is hit and miss. On my end at least...
unsure.gif

All in due time though, I suppose...

CloneCharizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokestation.net
XP
Country
Well, I must say, sorry that I have taken so long to finish translating v0.04a, but I have been doing some new stuff to Pokésav BW 0.04a to make it a little more user friendly & stylish!

Here's a nice preview:

PokesavBW4a-style.png

Note: This is not yet downloadable, also I am not completely finished designing the new style.

Latias4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CloneCharizard said:
Well, I must say, sorry that I have taken so long to finish translating v0.04a, but I have been doing some new stuff to Pokésav BW 0.04a to make it a little more user friendly & stylish!

Here's a nice preview:

PokesavBW4a-style.png

Note: This is not yet downloadable, also I am not completely finished designing the new style.

That is so epic and professional looking, so much better looking than the other versions' Savs in my opinion! X3

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CloneCharizard said:

Here's a nice preview:

PokesavBW4a-style.png

looking very niice
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: