Hardware Clone an external hard drive to another external hard drive?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,546
  • Replies 21
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm using Karen's Replicator to transfer the files. I think it uses the same transfer type as Windows but it seems to not effect my computer as much when it's running as a transfer does. Transfers can slow your computer down. I have a fairly powerful laptop too with an ssd but even still.

But if you want to backup your files every so often to another drive or location such every day, week month Karen's Replicator can do it for free. I have it backing up all my PC saves automatically on a daily basis to external in case I had like a crash and also important documents.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Hayato213
D

Deleted User

OP
I changed things around now have a 5 TB and a 2 TB for PC/emulator rom games with about 1.66 TB of space remaining, and a 4 TB and 2 TB just as a backup to all of those games and I don't leave it hooked up unless I'm copying a game. I have a 3rd 500 gb that stays hooked up for backing up things like saves and other files which Karen's Replicator updates every day automatically.

I was able to transfer all the files like I wanted to from one to another using an older computer it took almost 2 days which was fine.

I was going to use the 5 TB as a backup then I was like why would I do that just make it the main hdd for games because it's obviously bigger than the 4 TB. But I'm having to reinstall the games I purchased from Microsoft Store to it. "Other" games transfered easily.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night