jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
ClIRC v0.05 Beta Released!
IRC Client for the DS - Major Update
clircv005.png
Cluster has updated his popular Nintendo DS IRC client, ClIRC!
Version 0.05 of ClIRC is now available for public beta testing.
There's a lot of different updates in this new version (see the changelog below).

ClIRC 0.05 Beta Changelog said:
  • Keyboard is faster now.
  • Nick autocomplete on "tab".
  • Scrolling acceleration (hold up or down).
  • Special mode for left handed people.
  • Distance from keyboard to /me, /join, /nick and /msg buttons increased.
  • Input history (press X+Up and X+Down to browse it).
  • /clear command.
  • Host on join.
  • Top screen scrolling using stylus.
  • /ignore command smile.gif
  • %ME% variable
  • Custom timestamp.
  • Compiled with libwifi and libfat.
  • New default settings.
  • Many bugfixes.
ClIRC Main Features
  • A clipboard in all dialog boxes. You can even copy from upper screen, holding "L" button.
  • Using up to three servers at the same time.
  • DCC chat support and file transfer by DCC in both directions
  • Storing of logs directly to flash.
  • Identification of server answers by numbers. I.e. not an interface only but the great deal of server answers is in English (for non-english servers).
  • An alternative mode of nicklist request. Now you can see user's "away" status plus a complete list of his modes on server.
  • Flexible settings of colors, highlights, etc.
  • The prototype of scripts for advanced users. You can set commands, which will be executed after opening or closing of DS (turn away automatically, for example). You can previously make a list of commands for channels, privates and nick list, where the appropriate variables will be substituted as well. I.e. mIRC popups' analog
    smile.gif
  • All settings can be changed during a program work - it's no need to bother with ini files.
  • Something like multitasking. At the same time you can download several files by DCC, get a list of channels and chat. Practically all tasks are working simultaneously, except the moment of connection.
  • Nick autocomplete on "tab".
  • Special mode for left handed people.
  • Input history.
  • Ignore.
  • Russian in/out and interface (only for Russian version).
Cluster has even added #GBAtemp.net on IRC.GBAtemp.net as a default pre-set server when starting ClIRC, now connecting to the official GBAtemp IRC server is a breeze!

Also with BitlBee, you can connect to IRC, MSN, Yahoo, AIM. Google Talk and others all from ClIRC. This basically turns ClIRC into an awesome multi-messenger application. So now you can chat on the GBAtemp IRC server and with all your friends from the comfort of your Nintendo DS from a single app! Please see the BitlBee website for more information.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Developer's Website
icon11.gif
BitlBee Main Page
discuss.png
Discuss

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like some nice updates.

I love the tab complete.

1 question does it save logs? Logs are always nice.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cluster said:
Please fix it
smile.gif
It's really lowercase "L". ClIRC = Cluster's IRC.
Fixed
smile.gif

Alsi I wanted to add in my thoughts to ClIRC. I have to say, this is one awesome homebrew. It has many features you would expect in a full features, PC IRC client but for the DS. It has tab auto-complete, lid scripting support, logging to the file system, ignore, multiserver support and many other interesting features. I use ClIRC mysel, it simply blows any other IRC DS application away. Its pretty user friendly and easy to use and best of it, right out of the box, it has the GBAtemp IRC server pre-set so all of you can simply download this homebrew and quickly connect to the GBAtemp IRC server without requiring additional configuration.

I recommend you give this a try. ClIRC has my moogle seal of approval, kupo!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh and you know what makes ClIRC more awesome? You're able to chat to your friends over various Instant Messengers using BitBee from over IRC!

http://www.bitlbee.org/main.php/news.r.html

QUOTE said:
About BitlBee

BitlBee brings IM (instant messaging) to IRC clients. It's a great solution for people who have an IRC client running all the time and don't want to run an additional MSN/AIM/whatever client.

BitlBee currently supports the following IM networks/protocols: XMPP/Jabber (including Google Talk), MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, AIM and ICQ.

How to use it?

Just install the program and connect to the BitlBee server with your favourite IRC-client. You will be force-joined into the control channel where root (the bot, your assistant, the bee) will try to help you to get the program working.

As soon as you get your accounts working, you can add users to your contact list and talk to them, just like you normally do on IRC. Open a query, talk to the person in the channel, or even talk to them in groupchats that will look to you like just another IRC channel.

If you don't want to (or can't) install BitlBee on your own machine you can also use one of the public servers. If you use Windows, this is the preferred option, as the Win32 port isn't very reliable yet.

With BitBee, you can connect to IRC, MSN, Yahoo, AIM. Google Talk and others all from ClIRC. This basically turns ClIRC into an awesome multi-messenger application.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up folks, for those using ClIRC on GBAtemp and using a separate nick name like NickDS, don't forget to group your normal nick name and your ClIRC together so they share the same identify passwords and so on.
smile.gif

On the IRC server, type "/ns help group" without the quotes for more information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple