CLIRC not seeing my Wifi, everything else does?!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Searinox, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    EDIT: Moderator please move topic to NDS - Flashing hardware and software. I'm terribly sorry.

I can't connect CLIRC to my wireless network, neither with manual scan nor with using wifi settings from DS firmware. On scanning the network simply doesn't show up even if I hold the DS right in front of the antenna it sees the surrounding neighbour networks but not mine. SSID is enabled, and DSOrganize aswell as DS Browser and games can detect and connect to it properly but CLIRC just doesn't detect it. I'm using latest 0.4b any ideas?

2. gamma93

Member gamma93 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea, I had the same problem. I assume it means that your router isn't compatible. Or it might have something to do with WEP. CLIRC is loaded with IRC problems anyway unfortunately. So I don't really think you can do anything about it anyway. [​IMG]

3. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    It isn't because like I said everything else connects right. Anyway I am reviving this topic because I have found the solution and I want everybody to know it.

I think CLIRC is using its own network code since the light never blinks. Their code doesn't seem to support the same wireless channel range on all DSes. My Japanese DS could connect to my home network set on channel 13 with CLIRC but my European one cannot. If your DS can't see a network in CLIRC despite having no issues with it in any other app/game, simply change the channel range(ETSI).

4. Cluster

Member Cluster GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    It's fixed in new version of ClIRC. I'm developing it now. You can PM me and I'll give you beta to test [​IMG]

P.S. Led is not blinking becouse I'm using it for PM/highlight monitoring.