Hardware Clicking CD wheel.

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt see much on it so Im assuming there isnt a thread on it yet.

My Wii makes a loud clicking noise when its spinning the disc. It seems to be the disc wheel making the noise.
Its an non modified Wii and Im not sure where the clicking came from.
Maybe its out of alignment or something.
Though there doesnt seem to be any damage on the discs besides the small tiny scratchs the machine gives with the slide in loader.
Also GCN discs make less noise, but still make the noise.

Im getting rather fed up with it and cant stand to play my wii anymore with that horrible clicking.

Rather hesitant to send it to nintendo, what with the data stuck on the console.

Should I just send it in and hope they dont give me a new one and make me change my Wii code?
Maybe I should just request them to just fix it and send it back? (didnt like how they sent me a dead pixel DS wehn sending my DS for repairs for just a bent screen.)

Also, has anyone else encounterd this problem and does it really have a chance of getting worse?

Though I think I might end up opening it to fix it myself eventually. (I plan on getting a modchip anyway.)

Edit: Oh ya, anyone know how to force a bakup to the SD card? That owuld definitly fix some worries as I wanna kep my letters. Though I wonder how my VC games will be transferred. (wish I could backup my save states)

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah my Wii clicks really loudly too. It's particularly noticeable in Scarface, however I believe it's just the Wii reading the disc. I have a Wiikey.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I understand it your VC games at least will be safe, since you can just re-download them - Ninty know you have already bought 'em, so they let you dl them again for nada.

I could be wrong - please correct me someone if I am

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it