Clearing the EEPROM of a genuine cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cyklo, May 9, 2007.

1. cyklo
    OP

cyklo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2007
    I just bought a broken version of the DS Browser off ebay for the RAM pack, but I'm wondering if the browser itself can be repaired to work again. Basically, the previous owner set a password and promptly forgot it, and there's no recovery option.

I presume the password is simply stored in the normal EEPROM, so is there any kind of homebrew/app I can use to forcibly format/zero the memory of the cart and put it back to factory settings?

2. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Well if you want to open it up you can use a UV light to wipe since its EEPROM.

3. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    If its the save memory on the card itself then you should be able to replace it with another save file, if you have a flash cart you should be able to make a new save and copy it across using REIN.

4. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2006
    Malaysia
    Using Cory's etool, there's an option to 'Format EEPROM'. I wonder if that will do the trick.

5. -EX-

-EX- Racer

Banned
    Aug 16, 2006
    Tokyo
    Yes, that's too easy. Just write a blank save file to it with REIN or other similar tool.

6. cyklo
    OP

cyklo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2007
    It did! Perfect, thank you very much for your help. I had given Nintendo a ring and they said they'd do it for free but with a 4 week turnaround. This has just saved me a whole heap of time.

7. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2006
    Malaysia
    [​IMG]

Glad that it works.

8. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    I'm surprised that nintendo would of done that or at least i thought that there would of been a charge. None the less I'm glad that it worked for you. [​IMG]

9. Xeijin

Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2007
    London, UK
    Seems like you got an eBay bargain m8 [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice