Clear replacement DS Lite case w/ tool for $20

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by bobslack, Sep 30, 2007.

Sep 30, 2007
  1. bobslack
    OP

Member bobslack GBAtemp Regular

Cracked hinge got you down? My DS Lite has a cracked hinge. I figured I'd super glue it, to give it a little more stability. It worked, for a while... And I take really good care of my DS Lite too... Too bad it's out of warranty... bah... What to do...

My son's DS has a cracked hinge too. Well... to be honest, maybe cracked is not the right term. Let me re-think this... My son's DS has a MISSING hinge... I checked the warranty on his too, what a bummer, it's out of warranty too...

Well, pondering my options I have come up with two workable solutions.

1. Duct tape... sure it's good for fixing just about anything, but it would some how take away from the sleek look of the DS lite.

2. Replacement case. I've not found many, and the ones I have found have been kinda expensive. I did however find one at a good price, that even comes with the tool needed to open up the DS to transport it from one case to another. twenty bucks, for a whole new lifespan for my DS, sounds like a good deal.

Here's a link to the article: http://moonbooks.net/moonbooks/news.php?item.135.13

2. DeepFriedAsian

Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is this better quality than the Shock! shells? If so, I might get it.

3. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Are the Shock! shells of low quality? I've been thinking fo getting a clear one; they look so good!

4. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Nice price, I am curious about its quality too!

5. xbmcuser

Newcomer xbmcuser Member

United States
    Clear cases usually look cool, this just looks tacky and takes away from the cool design of the NDS lite.

6. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    looks interesting and is a VERY cheap alternative to the Shock! case. i mite consider buying this now..