Hacking Cleanrip on Wii keeps showing ''unrecovered read error'' after several mintues

Ramianddatpizza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I'm trying to dump Mario Kart Wii to my usb flash drive on Cleanrip, after several minutes an error saying ''unrecovered read error'' shows up. Is there something wrong with the disc? Should I stop using cleanrip and use some other dumper for my Wii games? What do I do to troubleshoot it?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only instance I've ever encountered this error was on damaged discs.
If the drive is working (successfully copying other games), this indicates a bad disc.

"Another dumper" might actually work, since Wii and GC games do not always take up all the disc space. Often much of the data is padding. Cleanrip copies all the data. Installing a game with an USB loader dumps it as wbfs file and will only copy game data omitting the padding. This obviously means a fully working copy can be retrieved if the damage is only inside the padding.

Ramianddatpizza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Post a syscheck

Do ripping other games work?
Brawl gives me no seek complete. I might have to try Pac man Party and nsmbw. If brawl and mkwii continue not to work, Im gonna have to use USB loader GX. It seems better for usb flash drives than cleanrip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.