cleaning your wii lens

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mrchew, Mar 10, 2008.

Mar 10, 2008

cleaning your wii lens by mrchew at 12:17 AM (7,093 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mrchew
    OP

Banned mrchew Banned

United States
    can someone tell me a easy way to clean my lens on my wii so i can play brawl with out sending it in to nintendo i have tried to blow in it and i have tried a air compresser no luck

2. ag3n7

Newcomer ag3n7 Newbie

Canada
    If you have the right tools, just pop open your wii and use a lint free cloth or a Qtip and windex.

I had the same issue with mine. Cracked it open cleaned the lens with the windex'd Qtip. Did it a couple of times. Done.
    Works great now.

3. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    cleaned a mates wii opened up cleaned with qtip and some lense cleaner. after i cleaned the wii wouldnt read discs, but i had another go a few mins later and it worked and ran smash bros.

4. ag3n7

Newcomer ag3n7 Newbie

Canada
    Depending on the solvent you use to clean the lens with and the amount you use, the lens can become saturated and you will have to wait for it to dry. That is why I use Windex for those in North America as it has amonia which dries quickly and prevents streaking. But any glass cleaner should do the trick, just wait for it to dry.

5. pietjo

Newcomer pietjo Newbie

United States
  6. eric_4_life

Member eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    There are lens cleaning kits for sale at Gamestop/EB games, and I saw one at bestbuy