1. aladrin

aladrin Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    thanks for the info

2. lordelan

OP lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    False. It depends on whether you've been online with the CFW or not. If not, this guide most likely saves you. ;)

3. GregH

GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    Hi everyone, sorry for the noob questions.
    I used my switch as a normal user, didn't play online because the only games i played didn't need online ( botw, odissey, diabloIII) but i donwloaded some legit software from eshop: games, app ecc.

I recently modded my switch with fusee gelee atmosphere/kosmos, leaving the console connected to internet, i just made a backup NAND and BIS key and blocked telemetry as suggested in the switch homebrew guide.
    There's a way i can check if the console is flagged for the ban? and when usually the ban wave will occurr generally?
    What will happen if the console will be banned? I can still use another console with my account? i've a lot of legit games bought on the eshop.
    But most of all,there's something that i can do now to prevent a flag or a ban, if i'm still not flagged as a pirate :D ?

Last edited by GregH, Jan 30, 2020
  4. lordelan

Germany
    If you really followed any telemetry blocking advices from the point on where you used any homebrew related stuff you should be fine.
    However there's no way to check if you're banned other than going online and trying it out.
    If you go online now without telemetry blocking on your homebrewesque console you most likely will get banned.
    You should however be fine if you follow my guide in the first post to clean up your nand.
    Make a NAND backup before you do so you can go back to your current state in case you're banned anyway.
    Also you can put your current state in an emuNAND.

You should be able to use your account on another console, even if you're banned but no guarantee for that.

If you clean up your nand and go back online you can redownload your eShop games (if you're not banned).

5. bellydrum

bellydrum Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I booted cfw onto sysnand without hitting nintendo's servers (set up 90nd). Never download any NSPs, only homebrews for themes, ftp, and GBA / DS emulator.

However, after that I booted into OFW and went online, w/o 90ns blocking nintendo servers. Again, I went online, but only via official firmware. It was using the same nand as the cfw tho. AFAIK with Atmosphere 9 all logs are stored on the SD and therefore not sent to nintendo.... am I good or no?

Last edited by bellydrum, Feb 13, 2020
  6. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Panama
    Kinda late but... Would this still work?

7. lordelan

Germany
    Sure
    But again: Only if your console wasn't online before.

8. nev1907

nev1907 Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the scene so there are things that i don't quite get. I bought a used Switch with CFW already on it. I think it's never been used to play online and no emunand was created for the CFW (btw it came with SX OS not Atmosphere). Even if it is banned I want to give it a try to get games on discount and try to play online until the console gets banned. NAND backup was never done (even if it was i don't have the files). My question is, in the first part we create a NAND backup by using Hekate. This NAND backup is not clean, it is there to be safe if things go wrong, so the process can be started over, right? Second question is, after finishing everything that has been told in the guide and the sysnand is clean, should I do a NAND backup again to have a clean backup and delete the first NAND backup that was created for the first part of the guide? I don't know if my questions even make sense, it's my second day with the Switch lol. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nev1907, Aug 13, 2020
  9. lordelan

Germany
    Okay, you've got a hacky but offline Switch. If that's the case, follow these steps:
    1. Create NAND backup no matter what to be on the safe side of things
    2. Create an emuNAND out of your current hacky sysNAND, for example with SX OS bootmenu - this doesn't require an SX OS licence and it will erase everything from your SD card so make a backup if needed
    3. Follow this guide to clean your sysNAND
    4. Use hekate or SX OS to boot either in your stock sysNAND and (try to) play online or boot into emuNAND and keep doing hacky stuff.
    Keep the emuNAND offline obviously or safe it with 90DNS and/or incognito

10. mesmeriize

mesmeriize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Would this be helpful to a console that went online before any modding then stayed offline permanently after modding? If I delete everything, wouldn't there be a mismatch in logs which may lead to a ban?

11. lordelan

Germany
    Correct, this might be the case.
    Unfortunately we don't know when Nintendo was logging, what was logged and in which structure.

But a little about myself ... I was online on 4.1.0, then went offline when the custom firmwares showed up and did hacky stuff. Then I created a backup of 4.1.0 and updated the firmware.
    Later I restored this update, "cleaned" it and updated to 5.x with a cartridge. Then I went back online with it and didn't get banned.
    So I can assure you anything but you could push your luck. :P

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Cleaning, online, safely