OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So,

is there a way to uninstall all this shit that's on a Wii? It's because I'm going to install BootMii in the course of tomorrow and for my NAND dump I would like to delete as much of the stuff, I don't need.

In singular:
- Wii 4.0E (updated trough Waninkoko)
- Preloader 0.29 installed
-- some hacks enabled
- CIOS CORP installed
- cIOS rev10
- HBC installed (of course)

And now I want to gain a 4.0E Wii with Trucha enabled and HBC (and eventually cIOS?!). Nothing more. No Preloader, no prldr-hacks, no CIOS CORP. Just to have a really clean dump from which I can recreate my Wii at any time.

So what's the best way?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever you do, take the NAND dump first, then keep a copy, you can always do another afterwards.
Tools you will need AnyTitleDeleter (mod) and NANDclean.

netware

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i agree with ollie

before you try to clean up your wii.. make a NAND backup..

then play around.. delete everything you want (except boot2...and bootmii IOS)

remember that, if you dont have bootmii as boot2, to be very careful not to brick your wii while uninstalling preloader..

AnyTitleDeleter and NANDClean should do the trick.. and for CIOSCORP you will need WAD manager + original IOS wads..

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's one place you can get them, but if you leave the version blank, you'll get the latest versions without the trucha bug. You can freethebug them (or look up version #s of trucha versions and hope they're on NUS), but it'd be a hassle.

Personally, i'd just use WUFE to extract them from a game disc. MKWii, SSBB, or other first party titles have most IOSes. Trucha capable IOS38,53, and 55 do not exist, so NUSD and freethebug them.

Like netware said, be careful with the preloader removal. Reinstall the system menu to remove it BEFORE you run NANDClean, as I believe NANDClean can remove the renamed system menu main.dol that was created by preloader during its install. Removing the renamed main.dol with preloader still installed breaks the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse