Cleaning and Protecting your DS

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by skullstatue, Feb 1, 2007.

Feb 1, 2007
  1. skullstatue
    OP

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    I have owned two DS's both of which got dirt caught under the plastic coating, I was just wandering what kind of techniques you use to clean your DS. I am also having an issue with scratches on my screen, what kind of screen protection are you guys using?

2. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i use a skin from decalgirl.com to protect my ds
    and a hori screen protector (i did buy a cheap one which was rubbish so bought hori)
    try to put the screen protector under the skin on top screen, works out so perfect you cant see the seams

oh try to avoid dusty room and fans when installing screen protector and skin, says repositionable but i really have to disagree with that

i do get dirt stuck in between the cracks of the ds along the edge but i use a folded peice of paper or just open the thing up and clean it

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The dirt between the edges isn't so apparent in any color except the Polar White DSL. You can use a thin object to separate the casing from the actual unit, then use maybe a piece of paper as suggested above, or even a toothpick or some sort to get it all out (maybe a toothpick with cotton twirled around the top? [​IMG])

4. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well when you read the nintendo.com it will tell you to use a DRY TOOTHBRUSH to clean any trash that is caught in the edges in stuff

5. skullstatue
    OP

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Ah, I see thank you!