Gaming Cleaning a UMD disc??

Gregora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ages after getting a used copy of Final Fantasy, I decided to pop it into my PSP. My PSP then wound up telling me that the disc was unreadable so I took a look. A small section of the disc is covered in gunk. Oh goody. Fortunately, it's just a line of gunk and can be positioned to be within the window.

Being an IT student, I'm familiar with using Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean electronics and discs. My question is, would this be a good idea with PSP games?

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I have cleaned the discs of many PSP games using Zeiss Lens Wipes or even wet paper towels. I assume the discs are made of the same stuff as any other disc. It's never been a problem. The real problem is the plastic UMD shells and the metal circles in the hole of the disc, since either of those break easily. I also hate it when lint or something gets stuck to the inside of the shell and not the disc, since then it's nearly impossible to reach. (unless you're crafty.. but it's still a pain) If it's on the disc though that's easy mode, since like you said, you can just turn the disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)