RELEASE Clean the Nand of the Nintendo Switch, Haku33 homebrew

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Kronos2308, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Kronos2308
    OP

Kronos2308 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Spain

It depends if one of those backups is from before executing CFW, it is better to use your backup

if none is clean this method is better
    and followed by the use of emunand

but yes, after cleaning if you run cfw in the sys you go back and your nand is dirty again

so it's to use emunand or use OFW forever

2. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Sorry but I need to make a noob question: If I do a emuMMC on my SD card and then use this hombrew on my original nand, will I loose my data on the new emuMMC?

3. jkjj

jkjj Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2019
    United States
    presumably no.
    why would it? you would need to edit the partition where your emunand resides.
    so then if your original nand is unclean, you could install this nsp there and run it. your emummc would be untouched.

it sounds like this only operates in the original structure of a real nand, aka nintendo folder. unsure how emummc operates but SX creates a 'Emutendo' folder alongside nintendo folder. i would bet this would destroy your emummc if you ran it there, unless the nintendo folder is entirely substituted by a new folder like 'emutendo', and the original files copied.

dorisnov likes this.
  4. Kronos2308
    OP

Kronos2308 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Spain
    no, the emunand is separate from sys, but if you use this soft inside of emunand will clean emunand
    if you used on sysnand will clean only sys

dorisnov likes this.
  5. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    I've used it on my sys and one of the checks was marked red. When I booted on sysnand my user was there. No photos, no games, no saves... but also no first start config and the switch name was the one I writted. Also factory reset does not work, starts like after using the homebrew. Tomorrow i'll try again.

6. Kronos2308
    OP

Kronos2308 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Spain
    Try disable the airplane mode and use the soft on Atmophere
    Also disable any service or kip
    I will check the code an see for issues

Last edited by Kronos2308, Sep 23, 2019
    dorisnov likes this.
  7. Fystrack

Fystrack Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    France
    Hello
    Works great on my switch 8.10 and 90dns / emunand 9.0 and joycon are on new firmware. Thx

8. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Probably because of airplane mode, 'cause I have no services running. I'll check as soon as I get home and tell you here. What do you mean with "use the soft on atmosphere"? Is there a way to factory reset on atmosphere?

Thanks!

Last edited by dorisnov, Sep 23, 2019
  9. Hodge92

Hodge92 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    United Kingdom
    So would this be a good use if I wanted to start from scratch on my Switch? Like remove all logs and tickets etc?

10. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    It claims that, but you'll get banned anyways.

11. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Hasn't it been confirmed that having logs and then no logs gets your console banned? As there is no way to clear logs, hard reset or otherwise, without 3rd party software?

12. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    When you reset your switch back to factory settings - using System/Format - it clears all the logs (so logs aren't the case of bans). I think you are getting confused with Tickets from installed nsp files such as games/dlc/updates. You can remove those with tinfoil/goldleaf/sx installer. So if you did a system format & deleted those tickets - it's safe to go online. If you didn't want to clean logs - you can just remove tickets, and as long as you don't have any logs with a game you installed from nsp - it's also safe for online use.

Last edited by mrdude, Sep 23, 2019
  13. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    No, I'm specifically referring to factory resetting and the logs being cleared.

I've only ever read that it doesn't clear them which is why a NAND backup is a must. Logs are associated with a device, not a user. Unless this has changed recently... And I'm referring to old "knowledge"

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That is my understanding as well, and I'm almost certain that people have gotten banned for having wiped logs, although there's no way to know for sure that they didn't do something stupid like go online in CFW or with nsps installed before later wiping the logs thinking that would somehow undo the damage that was done.

Dax_Fame likes this.
  15. Kronos2308
    OP

Kronos2308 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Spain
    the program is tested on atmosphere cfw and sxos

yes that's the idea

in fact even by formatting the console from the recovery the logs are not deleted

Only using softwares such as hack disk mount or Haku33 is it possible to delete all

users who have used the Hack disk mount cleaning method have not been banned we are talking about almost 6 months
    until today
    that motivated me to do an equal method but easier to use for newbies

16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Pretty much no one has been banned in the past 6 months, so that means nothing other than Nintendo are just biding their time waiting for the right moment to strike.

Dax_Fame likes this.
  17. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    I appreciate the contribution to the community, it's a hell of a lot more than I can make, that's for sure.

The absence of banning recently isn't evidence of this being completely safe though.. maybe make the warning a little more pronounced in your post, for your own sake. It seems like there's an increase in people screwing things to lately and you don't want them at your door.

Last edited by Dax_Fame, Sep 23, 2019
  18. dorisnov

dorisnov Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Now it's working. Thanks!

19. Kronos2308
    OP

Kronos2308 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2018
    Spain
    Of course nothing is 100% safe, and it is a real possibility
    It is each one's choice whether to use it or not
    Unfortunately, I didn't have a magic ball XD

the only 100% safe method is to leave the console offline forever

es una opción que quería compartir con la comunidad
    * The premise is elimination. Can it be the lack of info that makes you get banned? so far the case has not occurred
    * True that it is not 100% safe but the people who have tested it have not yet been banned

people have been warned
    Is it your decision to try it.
    the possibilities are good
    but disasters occur

20. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    Perhaps you didn't read what I typed... I only suggested you make the warning a bit more pronounced so people don't blame you for their stupidity...

I also said I appreciated your contribution, so you don't need to state it's an option you provided as I'm aware of that.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time I'm merely making a suggestion, especially with all the new people floating around.

Short version:

THANK YOU very much for your work, I'm sure this will be helpful to many!
    CONSIDER making your warnings a bit more obvious, as to avoid any drama directed at you!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted