Danttebayo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've decided to take the A9LH plunge and I want to be extra careful to make sure nothing goes wrong. I've backed up all of my game saves using JK's Save Manager and I've got backups of my SysNAND and EmuNAND.

Because I've been messing around with stuff over the last few months such as TWL modifications, I just want to start with a clean SysNAND followed by a clean RedNAND, followed by A9LH, etc.

The question is, if I do a system format with my SysNAND at 9.2, will it update or do anything funky or will I just have a clean 9.2 from which to start the process from scratch? My ultimate goal is to use AuReiNand with CFW SysNAND and I only care about the saves for MH3U and MH4U so I'd like to have a nice clean slate to work with.

Thanks!

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe your sysnand version should stay the same throughout, maybe skip the internet options during the whole first-time use thing and manage it later if you plan on using browserhax. i don't think the first-time internet setup will look for updates, as it didn't do so when i formatted my emunand, but i could be wrong

Danttebayo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe your sysnand version should stay the same throughout, maybe skip the internet options during the whole first-time use thing and manage it later if you plan on using browserhax. i don't think the first-time internet setup will look for updates, as it didn't do so when i formatted my emunand, but i could be wrong
Thanks

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But a system format wont undo modifications to NAND titles, will it? If he has a modified TWL_FIRM it should be the same even after formatting, or am I missing something here?

Reactions: FenrirWolf

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop spewing out false info that may cause people to brick. If you installed modified system CIA titles, formatting wont restore original. You need to find the titles you modified and download the clean version from Nintendo's server and install that the same way you installed the modified one through FBI. Or run sysupdater on emunand to downgrade emunand to 9.2 which should cleanup modified system titles on Emunand. Then you can proceed with guide ti downgrade emunand to 2.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs