ClayFighter - TE SNES VC inject freezes intermittently :VC Emulator problem or Rom Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by T2RMunchen99, Dec 26, 2015.

1. T2RMunchen99
    OP

T2RMunchen99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I've been working madly for the past 2 days to get my backup rom of ClayFighter - Tournament Edition injected into a VC channel because I don't want to be forced to buy the inferior Genesis version currently on the VC. I've tried loads of different SNES donor wads and they all do not produce a satisfactory result.

Any DKC wad: Graphics and music are fine, but no SFX, it freezes when I press start during battle and at the end of every bout.
    Anything else (Super Metroid, Super Street Fighter II, Breath of Fire II, etc.): Graphics, music, and SFX are fine but it freezes intermittently.

Now is this a problem with the VC SNES emulator, and therefore it's a lost cause, or is there a problem with the rom I made? Any help will be appreciated.

2. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Not sure if you know this but there is a multi console emulator for the wii called retroarch so you could just use the snes core from it and emulate the game that way, unless you still want the game as a VC game/channel for aesthetic purposes.

3. T2RMunchen99
    OP

T2RMunchen99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I was aware that that was an option for me, hadn't heard of retroarch, though. But I like the VC aesthetic, since the emulator channels tend to stick out like elephants in the room.