Homebrew classic-wordsploit: A Classic Word Games DS/DSi Exploit (With a CID-Dumper)

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPEG_20180113_162731.jpg

(photo of the exploit by jerbear64)

Hello! This was my take on exploiting the game, "Classic Word Games" for the NDS/DSi. So (OFC) this is a successful attempt to exploit the game Classic Word Games for the Nintendo DS/Nintendo DSi to execute unsigned code from the savegame.

Runs in TWL/DSi-mode if you use a retail cartridge of the game on a DSi or 3DS system. Otherwise, it runs in NTR/DS-mode regardless.
Thanks to zoogie I was able to add a CID-Dumper payload to the exploit to add on to the CID-Dumper list :P

Yes, I know that this game was exploited in the past, yes we have better consoles to run some cool homebrew, yes this exploit is somewhat useless. This was really for fun and to actually learn some things.

Enjoy :D
Github Repo: https://github.com/ChampionLeake/classic-wordsploit
(Check out my other 2 exploits JAFE & StreetSploit2 on my Github those who're interested in my work)

Last edited by ChampionLeake,

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job but I have one question is this like a dsiwarehax or this is just another exploit to get downgraded?

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry I have never heard or owned that owned it so I assumed it was dsiware that was really old.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use this game to use dslink to run some commercial homebrew. Though it's really not recommended
1.) You need to have a WEP connection (no WPA supprt)
2.) You need a dsi with the DWM-W015 or DWM-W024 wifi chips (Mostly found on older models of the dsi)
3.) Most homebrew apps with SD card access will not run
4.) You must do the same process all the time.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like doing the the same set up in order to run some homebrew again. haxxstation is the replacement of dslink tbh.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a minor thing I have exidiahax and I have to wait for the dang thing to load and sometimes crash (don't ask why, i didn't develop it) so if you are used to a short time of a process that shouldn't be a problem.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the exidiahax exploit I heard is a bit unreliable. I could be wrong. AFAIK, sudokuhax is basically the best exploit for now.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you would be correct I am trying to inject it when I have the time. I just bought the game a few years back before the dsi shop was closed and found out there was an exploit for it. Well keep up the good work something like this could get even bigger.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wep only support seems to be something that could be fixed also but this is still a work in progress as it seems.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
whats the difference between this and the biggest loser?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it wont right? since you need a hardmod to dump your nand anyways
Oh? I actually thought it would let us run code like the Flipnote exploit. Is it as limited as the Biggest Loser exploit then?

My bad if I misunderstood something, I really thought we could run anything with this :P

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh? I actually thought it would let us run code like the Flipnote exploit. Is it as limited as the Biggest Loser exploit then?

My bad if I misunderstood something, I really thought we could run anything with this :P
yeah seems to me its the same as the biggest loser

The wep only support seems to be something that could be fixed also but this is still a work in progress as it seems.
your talking about this right?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-wifi-support-anybody.482259/

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically as limited as The Biggest Loser exploit. Since It's a DSi-Enhanced cartridge, it does not have SD and NAND access.
This exploit was really fun, but mostly for learning. I do have 2 other NTR-cart exploits on my github page if you're interested.

Probably in the future I'll look for dsiware titles, but I'm already working on a 3DS exploit.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another exploit to get downgraded.
"Classic Word Games" is a retail cart game, so it isn't DSiWare.
but if its a cartrige then basicly if someone made a homebrew to bypass the wihtelisting then in theory you can run any flash cart right?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but if its a cartrige then basicly if someone made a homebrew to bypass the wihtelisting then in theory you can run any flash cart right?
Well, if you short the card-inserted switch (the 2 pins of slot-1 coming out of the side) and supply this exploit an appropriate homebrew, yes it will be possible to use it as a swap card... but most DS cards won't like being run in DSi mode (NTR Launcher optionally uses DSi speed for DS games, but DS mode for touchscreen/mic)

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, no. This is basically exactly like a NTR exploit but a little more to limited access. So it really wouldn't work that way. Besides, the whitelist is basically in the arm7 environment and this is an exploit for cart access memory. (These NTR/TWL cart exploits are in arm9 environment as well)

You also have to think about the code itself since the space is very limited since it only acts of cart access only.

EDIT: But it would be nice to use more supportive retail carts for RocketLauncher like these in the future x)

Well, if you short the card-inserted switch (the 2 pins of slot-1 coming out of the side) and supply this exploit an appropriate homebrew, yes it will be possible to use it as a swap card... but most DS cards won't like being run in DSi mode (NTR Launcher optionally uses DSi speed for DS games, but DS mode for touchscreen/mic)
These exploits only reply on cart access though so there's no SD or NAND access.

Last edited by ChampionLeake,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, no. This is basically exactly like a NTR exploit but a little more to limited access. So it really wouldn't work that way. Besides, the whitelist is basically in the arm7 environment and this is an exploit for cart access memory. (These NTR/TWL cart exploits are in arm9 environment as well)

You also have to think about the code itself since the space is very limited since it only acts of cart access only.

EDIT: But it would be nice to use more supportive retail carts for RocketLauncher like these in the future x)

These exploits only reply on cart access though so there's no SD or NAND access.
you know what they say its only a theroy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16