Classic PC game Blade Runner is getting remastered for modern platforms

WG5F9yg.png

Get ready to go back to 1997, or even the retro-future of 2019, as the classic point-and-click PC game Blade Runner is getting remastered for modern platforms. Nightdive Studios, the team behind the updated re-releases of both Turok and System Shock, is bringing Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition, a "polished and premium restoration" of the game to PlayStation 4, Steam, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The game takes place during the movie of the same name that the game is based upon, but tells a side-story that unfolds alongside the narrative of the film. The remastered version will feature completely reverse-engineered code, as the original source code was lost years ago, with widescreen support, new animations, re-done cutscenes, and more. Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition will be available for the aforementioned platforms later this year.

"Blade Runner is still a jaw-dropping achievement on every level, so while we’re using KEX to upgrade the graphics and respectfully elevate the gaming experience in a way you’ve never seen before, we’re still preserving Westwood’s vision and gameplay in all its glory,” says Nightdive CEO Stephen Kick. “While you can enjoy the benefits of playing the game on modern hardware, the game should look and feel not as it was, but as glorious as you remember it being.”

:arrow: Source

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Weird...I'm sure I've seen this announcement some months ago. Perhaps as part of another announcement (genre "btw...we're also looking into remastering blade runner"), but I'm glad it gets a remaster. :)

It's not my kind of game, though. It peaked my interest because it was made by westwood studios (yes: THAT westwood studios), but as it wasn't an RTS I didn't pay much attention.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Weird...I'm sure I've seen this announcement some months ago. Perhaps as part of another announcement (genre "btw...we're also looking into remastering blade runner"), but I'm glad it gets a remaster. :)

It's not my kind of game, though. It peaked my interest because it was made by westwood studios (yes: THAT westwood studios), but as it wasn't an RTS I didn't pay much attention.
The GOG Version of the original Game runs very well and good.
If you have Time (I know you are a busy Father) and you feel like it...and a little Money too.:D

Deleted member 388531

Trophies
XP
Meh, Nightdive is involved so I'm not interested. They still haven't fixed the Blood remaster.
If I remember correctly, that was because they lost the rights to work on the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it still blows my mind that somebody was able to make a point and click game with randomization.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
"features completely reverse-engineered code"
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't think I've ever seen that pitched in a video game feature list before.
I like these devs' style.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!