Hacking Classic NES Metroid.gba

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I can't get the Classic NES Metroid rom working..

I have tried many different versions, they always lock up the Supercard DSTwo AND the Supercard MiniSD..

Everything extracts OK..

Not sure what the problem is..

?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NES classics are bitchy games.

No honestly theres a good chance you wont be able to get it to work. For some reason the NES classics are released with different programming than that of the rest of the GBA library. I dont know if there is a way to get them to act normally. You have a better chance getting the original NES ROM and emulating that instead.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, general consensus, they're programming nightmares like the Golden Sun games except here you have the better alternative of just using the nes versions with a different emulator (nesDS).

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

at least I know I'm not crazy..

It doesn't even work on visualboy emulator (it says ROM ERROR)..

Neodemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh after a lot of confusion I understand now. Sorry to possibly confuse you more.

I did test it out, and however I patch the game it just wont run on the Supercard MiniSD.
Better yet, when I tested it on my DSi SC DSTWO It crashed the bottom screen and kicked me into the NDS loader. :wacko:

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are patches you can try using at http://gbatemp.net/topic/63195-ips-patches-for-classic-nes-series/

But really, you'd be much better off emulating the NES rom with either NES DS or PocketNES to begin with

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Is NESDS compatible with the SuperCard DSTWO? I don't see why it wouldn't be, as I have it working on my Acekard2i. If it's classic Metroid you want to play, I'd suggest getting around it by trying to emulate the classic NES games in their original NES rom form. To put it simply, using .nes files on your card instead of .gba files.

I love Metroid like many others, and it runs perfectly fine on the NESDS NES emulator. http://www.zophar.net/consoles/nds/nes/nesds.html :)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is NESDS compatible with the SuperCard DSTWO? I don't see why it wouldn't be, as I have it working on my Acekard2i. If it's classic Metroid you want to play, I'd suggest getting around it by trying to emulate the classic NES games in their original NES rom form. To put it simply, using .nes files on your card instead of .gba files.

I love Metroid like many others, and it runs perfectly fine on the NESDS NES emulator. http://www.zophar.ne.../nes/nesds.html :)

The DSTwo natively supports NES roms. Just load up moonshell, go to the rom, and hit enter! Done. No need for NESDS with the SCDSTwo. Alternatively, you could use NESDS, it'll work.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Well in that case, even better. Just using a different kind of rom, i.e. the NES roms in this case might actually work better. :)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love Metroid like many others, and it runs perfectly fine on the NESDS NES emulator. http://www.zophar.ne.../nes/nesds.html :)

The DSTwo natively supports NES roms. Just load up moonshell, go to the rom, and hit enter! Done. No need for NESDS with the SCDSTwo. Alternatively, you could use NESDS, it'll work.
This is news to me, I'll have to try this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there