OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
algols-place.chatango.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Super Street Fighter 2 perfectly on SNES 9xGx007, with a GameCube controller and a Classic controller. I reset the Wii because I accidentally got the order of the controllers in backwards When I restarted the emulator, the GameCube controller stopped being recognized, but the Classic one still worked. So, I bought a second Classic controller today, plugged it in, and then NONE of them worked, except for the regular WiiMote.

I have SoftMiiv2.0 installed, along with USB Loader 1.5. I'm as up-to-date as I think I can be at the moment. Dozens of game Disc Channels, and everything has worked flawlessly up to this point.

I tested all three controller configurations on DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3; all three worked fine. All three controllers work fine in the Wii Menu.

I tried formatting my card and updating to the newest version of SNES9xGX4.0.3, with only one game on the card, and no other applications. Still, nothing but the WiiMote works on any emulators.

In addition to all of this, I have tried every conceivable configuration of how to start the emu, or the Wii, with any combination of the controllers in any combination of ports or whether it was first or second player, or with which controller I launched the emulator, or which were plugged in when I powered the Wii on, or what was plugged into or not plugged into the USB ports, or where the WiiMote was pointed, or the battery packs or batteries I was using for each WiiMote; if you can imagine it, I tried it. Nothing has worked to make any emu recognize any controller except for the WiiMote.

I'm pretty much at wit's end. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I going to have to use ARC to go back to a virgin 3.2, SoftMii and Rev10, etc, then update all over again to get my controllers to work right again?

Thanks for any help.

NeoDraven

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, too. Told you, this is maddening. I tried loading it from the channels I had, then I tried from the actual Homebrew Channel. See, one thing that bothers me is that the GameCube controller doesn't show in the main menu, period. When I go to the Homebrew Channel, the cursor on the WiiMote skips and stutters if either of the Classic Controllers are plugged into it.

Pressing buttons on the Classic Controller does nothing at that point, but I can select the emulator or program with the WiiMote. Then, it pops up with 'Preferences Saved! Press A', and neither the GameCube nor the Classic Controllers work at all.

I can't figure out what I could have done by just resetting my Wii to make none of the controllers work anymore.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I'm not more help, I'm not familiar with softmii, I hacked my wii manually.

Maybe try reinstalling wanikoko's cIOS? Or the newest version of soft mii? (i believe its up to 3.0 now, according to posts here.)

NeoDraven

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I finally got my Classic Controller working. No love with the GameCube one. I tried resyncing it and going to the Homebrew Channel, after deleting my old channels I was using. If I only have the regular Classic Controller plugged in, it works, but that shitty Nyko one I have simply doesn't work on emulators at all.

So, all I've really lost out of all of this is the ability to use GameCube controllers, which really isn't the world's greatest loss, and is probably the fault of the controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr