FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As most of you probably know, a Classic NES series was released for the GBA. This series actually came out later in the GBA's career. Anyone think it's possible that Nintendo could do the same for N64 on DS? How sweet would that be? Nintendo would definitely make a lot of money...Ocarina of Time, Portable...sweet. You guys think it'll happen? Why/not?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bombard the nintendo forums and email boxes with this request once per month, so far nothing. Which Sux, I want Majora's mask DS or atleast OoT DS.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm rather glad they don't try and sell us old gems and focus on making new gems.

Emulation will allow for that kinda thing... Maybe the next handheld after the DS will have enough power to run N64 roms... Doesn't the PSP do that, BTW?

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, but it takes sooo much less time to remake games than to create completely new games. So, I don't see a problem with them making like 5 remakes of some classics. PSP has not had a breakthrough yet as far as emulating N64 games, but supposedly they will eventually, and I personally don't have a PSP with old enough software so I couldn't even if they were to have a breakthrough.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't see it happening aside from whatever someone else does such as the revitalization of Diddy Kong Racing w/out Banjo and Conker, and THANKFULLY without that horrid Silver Coin Challenge abuse.

Outside that, you're competing with the Virtual Console and i think Nintendo would rather just pop a game on an emulator than re-code it from the ground up on DS.

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they make more profit on a $10 VC game, than on a $30 port to DS

Yeah they wont waist their time tring to emulate the 64 for the DS when they already have it done on the Wii. But dont expect zelda OoT or Majora anytime soon because the want Twilight too make as much money as possibible first!
ph34r.gif

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would rather see them port EarthBound for the NDS. The Snes emulators for the NDS aren't flawless so there are a lot of glitches when playing. And the GBA versions require the real game or a 2-slot solution TT.TT And they aren't even planning an American release for Mother 1+2 and 3 on GBA so we have no choice but to use translated roms, which will require a 2-slot solution, unless someone can get GBA games to run on a slot-1. TT.TT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass