Class 2 8gb Sandisk good enough? (or Class 4 Kingston)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Exhumed, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Exhumed
    OP

Newcomer Exhumed Member

Canada
    I was thinking of ordering one of the flash card+memory card combos from stuffs4kids, and after emailing them they say that the brand you get is random based on what they have in stock.

You either get a Class 2 8gb Sandisk or a Class 4 8gb Kingston and he assured me that they're all genuine.

Would both of these be suitable for playing problematic games like Castlevania: PoR?

If it matters, I'm probably getting the AceKard2 along with it.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    You do realize it's a ripoff?
    You can get a microSD from newegg.ca for about $20 and the AK from DX for 11(us)(if you don't mind 2 weeks shipping)

3. Exhumed
    OP

Newcomer Exhumed Member

Canada
    microSD from newegg.ca might be cheap... but the shipping+handling fees end up being like $12+ on a $10 card... meaning it's not such a good deal anymore. stuffs4kids has free shipping on those things, too.

As for DX, yeah they're good and cheap, but last time I ordered something simple there it took over a month to arrive.

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I bought a Transcend 8GB Class 6 from newegg.ca and paid $3.75 for S/H on a $19.99 card. Just gotta time it right for their shipping promos. [​IMG]

5. Exhumed
    OP

Newcomer Exhumed Member

Canada
    Damn, nice deal. I just checked newegg.ca and I see no microsdhc cards with free shipping at all on there. Of course newegg.com has tons but don't ship to Canada. [​IMG]

Anyone else know of a good/cheap place to get microsdhc cards for Canadians?

6. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    ebay? That's where I bought my Sandisk 8GB Class2 for $15.

Or you can try a search with this site. It only lists Canadian stores:

www.pricebat.ca

7. Exhumed
    OP

Newcomer Exhumed Member

Canada
    Welllll, I just ordered an A-Data 8gb class 6 card for $23.65 CAN shipped from memoryhouse.com which isn't a bad deal considering it's a lot more from newgg etc. I've never heard of them but they did have positive reviews online, so I hope it works out. Also I see A-Data being praised a lot here so I just went with it

8. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    I can't advise on a store, being from the other side of the pond, but I can say this; make sure you get a class 6 card or you will regret it, anything slower will cause slow down in games.