wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
review.gif
Class-10 microSD Cards
Did you know?
kingstonmicrosdhc.jpg

Did you know that Class-10 microSD cards have been released? Currently the most widely talked about microSD class speed is 6. It is rare to read about a user, in this hobby, debugging a certain file using a class-10 card, almost so rare that users might not even know they have been released. The announcement from Panasonic dates all the way back to May of 2009, making this old yet relative news! Post your thoughts and comments and let us know if you have tested with a class-10 microSD card.

Toshiba Press Release said:
Version 3.0 of the standard was announced in January this year and calls for data transfer speeds of up to 104MB per second on the SD interface. The speed with which data can flow to and from the card is becoming more important as the cards gain greater storage capacity and are used for large files such as high-definition video clips.

icon11.gif
 SDCard.org Specs
icon11.gif
 Kingston Class-10 Review
icon11.gif
The Future of Our Hobby -- SDXC Specs

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When prices will drop and class 10 get more famous, Chineses will adjust their printer to print a nice 10 number on their crap fake.

Buy a genuine microSD is quite hard nowadays and Kingston is the most faked brand.
frown.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh. I didn't know this even exists.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with my 16 GB Class-2 SanDisc. For now. It's really fast with Akaio.

I was dreaming of a 32 GB Micro SD rather than a Class-10 one...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another World said:
Version 3.0 of the standard was announced in January this year and calls for data transfer speeds of up to 104MB per second on the SD interface. The speed with which data can flow to and from the card is becoming more important as the cards gain greater storage capacity and are used for large files such as high-definition video clips.
104 Megabyte/second?

Somehow I find that to be an unbelievable number as Class-10 defines the minimum transfer speed as 10 Megabyte/s. They're most likely talking about burst speeds which has little to no relevance to actual transfer speed. Either that or they're talking about Megabit/s which is a completely different thing.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Minox_IX said:
Somehow I find that to be an unbelievable number as Class-10 defines the minimum transfer speed as 10 Megabyte/s. They're most likely talking about burst speeds which has little to no relevance to actual transfer speed. Either that or they're talking about Megabit/s which is a completely different thing.
It says UPTO, so they are clearly talking about burst speed, not sustained.

The class rates a cards write speed, which for flashcart users isn't very important, so I'm not sure why this is news on here...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
when games get bigger this will be even more useful so i guess it would come in real use if the 3DS carts use mSD
i am not sure if we have any media here that transfers files at more than 80MB/s (tops) and this being the external HD but 104MB/s is super for a simple mSD

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Another World said:
104 Megabyte/second?

Yeah, I read it as megabits.

I actually have one of these, but it turned out to be a fake Kingston. URG.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes finally!

I hate waiting for my 16GB to do a full format, and reinstalling 15gb of content
this new class10 should speed that process

I'm still waiting for kingston to release their 32gb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night