Hacking Clarification please - Gateway Kill Command

3dstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys

I have tried to read the threads (and even checked the noob one) to understand the issue

If I have it correct In 2.0b2 the GW team put a kill command in to take out 3ds nands with units running clones BUT it is affecting some GW units as well.

If my research across the thread is correct the kill command is NOT in 2.0b1 (Can someone PLEASE confirm) In which case I am rolling back! even though they say they will correct their mistake, I cant be arsed to send my unit half way across the world (if it wipes by mistake), so would rather roll back

Secondly why have they not bothered to issue a 2.0b3 (which removed the kill command) .. that I find reprehensible!

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's not 100% confirmed that gateway users too can get bricked.
2.0b1 is very unstable. downgrade at your own risk (the bricking risk with 2.0b2 is waaaaay smaller than the risk of getting the saves corrupted with 2.0b1).

Reactions: 3dstar

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read that gateway users who have a bricked 3DS have used a patched firmware for region free use...
Think that using a genuine gateway with genuine firmware is safe...

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Secondly why have they not bothered to issue a 2.0b3 (which removed the kill command) .. that I find reprehensible!

Gateway does a lot of beta testing of their firmware before it is released. Now that somebody had revealed code that is included in the gateway firmware, new code has to be written and tested, so only the clones get bricks and gateway users are safe.

Reactions: andibad and 3dstar

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not 100% confirmed that gateway users too can get bricked.
2.0b1 is very unstable. downgrade at your own risk (the bricking risk with 2.0b2 is waaaaay smaller than the risk of getting the saves corrupted with 2.0b1).

2.0b1 is actually unstable.
but common sense tells me that it's waaaaaay safer than 2.0b2 (no brick reports known using that version)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I read that gateway users who have a bricked 3DS have used a patched firmware for region free use...
Think that using a genuine gateway with genuine firmware is safe...

I've read that some people (only a couple or so really), have actually had that issue despite using the official firmware in a gateway, without even touching the region free patch. I believe there was one user that even sent them his 3DS yesterday.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might want to downgrade to 1.2. It may lose compatibility for a few games, but at least it doesn't brick anything and it doesn't lose saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@