Hacking Clairfaction

neojei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a flash cart, and had thought I made my decision by going with Supercard. First of all I plan on getting two flash carts, one for myself, and another for my gf. The I plan on getting an SC Lite, because I have a Lite, and for my gf a Supercard Mini Sd because she still has a DS Phat. Anyways, what convinced my to choose the Lite for myself was that I remembered people spoke of it not using a battery to save anymore. Other factors include it was cheaper than a M3, and it didn't use a battery like the Ez4 Lite. Problem came when I was looking into some research for the minisd, saw that it had a battery. My main concerns are, if the battery discharges, will it still be usable to save games on? Also, I am a bit confused on download play, and multiplayer. From what I understand some games don't support download play because of the RSA encryption being taken off from patching. Does this affect local multiplayer? I don't plan on flash either of our DSes. Thanks.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, "clairfaction".

To answer your actual questions, the battery should run out, but not for years. There isn't too much of a problem.

I wouldn't imagine you using Download Play if you both are using backups, because the check is only done if you download something (to prevent malicious code). If you were to try to play, say, with a friend who doesn't have the game in question, then you're out of luck. The DS-X supports it for some games, but not all.

Now, let's wait for someone to call spam on this one. I've answered his questions.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a flash cart, and had thought I made my decision by going with Supercard. First of all I plan on getting two flash carts, one for myself, and another for my gf. The I plan on getting an SC Lite, because I have a Lite, and for my gf a Supercard Mini Sd because she still has a DS Phat. Anyways, what convinced my to choose the Lite for myself was that I remembered people spoke of it not using a battery to save anymore. Other factors include it was cheaper than a M3, and it didn't use a battery like the Ez4 Lite. Problem came when I was looking into some research for the minisd, saw that it had a battery. My main concerns are, if the battery discharges, will it still be usable to save games on? Also, I am a bit confused on download play, and multiplayer. From what I understand some games don't support download play because of the RSA encryption being taken off from patching. Does this affect local multiplayer? I don't plan on flash either of our DSes. Thanks.

The SuperCard line of flashcarts is very good and they give some great bang for your buck.

The battery is for the SRAM and has nothing to do with saving in DS games. The SRAM is used to hold data for GBA games and homebrew and the battery, which recharges during gameplay, only holds the data in the SRAM so that it is not lost on power down. The SuperCard Lite does not have an SRAM battery but that’s not a big deal as it’s not needed.

Multiplayer will work fine between your GF's DS and yours. In fact I have a DS Lite and a SuperCard Lite and my wife has a phatty and a SC miniSD so I have the setup you want to get already and it works great. DS Download play is questionable as some games work and some don't. It’s a luck of the draw and you may find a list but I can't remember where the link it. DS Download play is transferring a game demo, or multi level, to another DS that has no gamecart. This is not a SuperCard problem as it’s the same with all flashcarts and the SC series actually supports more games then the other flashcart manufacturers with DS Download Play.

Whoa, that was a quick long type I just did.
wink.gif

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

neojei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it does recharge, it will eventually lose it's ability to hold a charge. Would that mean it wouldn't be able to play GBA and homebrew? Or do you mean it just holds information such as save files when its powered down?

Also, you're using two unflashed DSes for muliplayer? JUst want to make sure. And yeah, I understand the DS Download play problem is for all flash carts. Not really a big thing for me, just the multiplayer aspect is. Thanks for answering those questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.