Hardware CLAAARIFICATION.

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, sorry i'm a bit of a noob on the Wii scene, and I have no idea on various topics, mainly whether I should update or not.

I have my wii modchipped, with d2ckey and i would like to know if I update will there be any problems..

I DO have the scrubbed version single layer SSBB, Nd i've heard this will stop working, but I would like clarification as well as other problems which might occur.

Thanks in advance!

bikbok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a d2ckey, but I am on ver. 3.2 - i guess this is the most problem free version to date. If you want to play games without updating, I think it's okay to run them through Gecko. Not sure about that though.
unsure.gif

If you install Starfall you never get asked if you want to update, but then some new games won't work. If you experience this, you could run them through Gecko, and it will install the correct update without compromising the ability to play other hb-games.. i THINK. I haven't tried backup-wiiware-games yet.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Like always..this was answered several times....Updates won't disable a ModChip, the only problems that will occur are with Trucha-Signed Games, like custom Guitar Heroes, etc...otherwise, nothing will happen to your ModChip and your other games (normal & scrubbed). Chances that ModChips can and will be shut down by Nintendo are realy small or zero (they changed the boards to stop Chips, and haven't done it via Updates..I think they can't stop them...).

Just remember, updating will maybe at some point destroy all your Software-Hacks (cIOS, BootMii, etc..). I would recommend to stay on 3.2 or 4.0...

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is, Is my version of SSBB truchasigned....? IIRC, I am quite sure itis.

also... is gecko able to run games which require a higher fw version..? I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: