Civilization Revolutions Demo out now!

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by VVoltz, Jun 7, 2008.

Jun 7, 2008
  1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Go grab it while it's hot! [​IMG]

2. mossy

Newcomer mossy Member

Australia
    So, what's it like? I've been a civ fan from the beginning, but I have some reservations about the simplified core mechanics and shortened duration of games in this one.

Until I get a PS3 in November, I have no means of trying this out for myself. Should it be on my list of potential games to buy when I get a PS3 (considering that I may buy the DS version if it's any good)?

3. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    FANTASTIC!

Works like a charm!, almost the same experience as playing the PC version, totally stream lined to fit for the Pad controls. Bravo Firaxis.

I can't wait for the DS version.

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    It looked sweet, DS and PS3/360 versions seem virtually the same; they even share maps that will be uploaded every week.
    You have better graphics/sound on next-gen, and intuitive controls on the DS.

I think the game is heavily based on online multiplayer, because AI looks pretty dumb?

5. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    I don't know, maybe difficulty was toned down for the demo, AI was always kind of semi-dumb in all past games. The thing is, I've never played a Civ game online before, I wouldn't know how it works because it takes so much time, this one is suppose to be streamlined, but even in this demo, it was still really long.

6. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I feel like this game is too fast paced.
    To move a warrior from my city to enemy city, 500 years will go by. As a result, I end up using horsemen in 1950 AD. Or when I grab 3 tanks and attack, enemy has like archers hiding in their capitals and such.

The full version has 5 difficulties, I'm guessing higher difficulties multiply enemy population growth/production/research/gold and such so AI can kick players' asses.

Anyway, it's good to see some slow paced good games coming out for consoles. There's been too many "spam this really fast!" "spam that really fast!" games recently.