Civilization is coming to consoles and handhelds!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Relys, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Relys
    OP

Member Relys Master of Computer Science

United States
    I just got back from "Video Games Live" in Washington, DC, and Sid Meier himself, first officially announced that the Civilization series will be coming to consoles and handhelds.

I'm so excited, I got to talk to him, along with other celebrities in the Video Game industry and get their auto-graphs. Some included the creator of: Brothers in Arms, God of War, Unreal, and some other popular video games that I can't remember.

I'm flying out in about 1/2 a hour and it's like 5am, so I need to get going now.

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    That sounds great, it would've been really cool to meet and greet with some of the big video game figures like Sid Meier.

Civilization was already confirmed for consoles but I didn't hear anything about handheld versions.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Sounds great. Civilisation is a fun game on PC, haven't played it in ages though.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah this was on IGN couple weeks back. Sounds good, hope "handghelds" means DS and PSP. I'll be happy with a port of the excellent N-Gage one but with touchscreen. Hell the original would do me.