Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Me and my friend are using the latest canary, but he just can´t connect to any hub.

He is registered on citra website, we are using the same version.

What could be the cause so i help him?

tywald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me and my friend are using the latest canary, but he just can´t connect to any hub.

MH games aren't fixed yet, not even 2 players work right now.

D

Deleted User

Update your copy of Citra - we have bumped networking's internal version.

saad123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
guys
please can u update the unofficial versions of citra
because we cant play online on it anymore
and the official builds are very slow for me
:):):)

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
is pokemon x playable
It's been 3 years and still no.
Again, as I said for the past 3 years, don't expect Pokemon X and Y to be playable on Citra yet. Same problems. No fixes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could join another person....

I´m using the latest canary
Did you connect yourself to test if multiplayer works?

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, i did, and i was able to join a random hub someone else created.

But he tells me he can´t join another people, let alone my hub.

There must be something on his side, i never needed to do port forwarding to play Citra and really never had a problem so...i wonder what is the issue with him

My discord is RNabuco#4523 if anyone wants to test something

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
direct connect to IP/port adress still seems to work for unannounced rooms on old build (first one unofficial with multiplayer and ticks released - did not updating since then)

just create room and then tell your ip to friends~

Reactions: RNabuco

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
direct connect to IP/port adress still seems to work for unannounced rooms on old build (first one unofficial with multiplayer and ticks released - did not updating since then)

just create room and then tell your ip to friends~

I´m gonna try that, thank you!

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Idk what u guys mean your canary runs slow...most times its fools not checking the compatibility list or with potato computers expecting godly performance.

that means canary works SLOWER and a lot slower than unoffutial builds for yeah - potato pc. If i7 2600k potato enough.
And compability does nothing with optimization. And this thread just about build specially optimized for "things". And for potatoes as well.

any way what the point for opening another trolling/holywar/selfproclaiming discuttion about how well your pc runs? canary or anything.

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that means canary works SLOWER and a lot slower than unoffutial builds for yeah - potato pc. If i7 2600k potato enough.
And compability does nothing with optimization. And this thread just about build specially optimized for "things". And for potatoes as well.

any way what the point for opening another trolling/holywar/selfproclaiming discuttion about how well your pc runs? canary or anything.

Im sorry, but have you seen what people are trying to run Citra on? They are running unofficial builds at 20% speeds at best and are angry at developers because they cant play pokemon games on their PCs. And these unofficial builds are not really that much faster. Faster, sure, but lets not get carried away. @DeadlyAnGeL91792 is talking truth. Many times it is just kids wanting to pirate "dem porkeymans gams XD LEL" on toasters. Thankfully they dont come that often here to crap on developers. But the other places are full with them. I see time and time again someone asking why Citra runs slow on CPU/GPU combo that would struggle even with a good NES emulator.

The fact is really simple. The emulator is nowhere near finished/optimized. But idiots just want their games NOW.

Also. i7 2600k is pretty average CPU. And it is old-ish.

Last edited by asferot,

midoraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well yea. I admit you right here. Tryin todays emulation on like 2012 notebooks is not the same as doin it on OCed 2012 i7/i5 k processors. And askin ideal emulation from devs now kinda stupid.
Maybe i just too triggered cause some other emulation threads where ppl like "i have 7700/8700k@5GHz+1080 it runs over 100% speed for me, dont know what you want" - thats both like "going to extremes" or how its said in english? Both is bad imo. Sorry if im was too edgy too.

Anyway x2-x3 speed still kinda big difference in my opinion. Still only in some titles of cource.

asferot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well yea. I admit you right here. Tryin todays emulation on like 2012 notebooks is not the same as doin it on OCed 2012 i7/i5 k processors. And askin ideal emulation from devs now kinda stupid.
Maybe i just too triggered cause some other emulation threads where ppl like "i have 7700/8700k@5GHz+1080 it runs over 100% speed for me, dont know what you want" - thats both like "going to extremes" or how its said in english? Both is bad imo. Sorry if im was too edgy too.

Anyway x2-x3 speed still kinda big difference in my opinion. Still only in some titles of cource.

I actually understand you very well.
I really don't like people with expensive AF PCs that use latest available parts saying "It runs fine for me LEL XD". I am starting to see that BS more and more often.
I mean, if you spent 5000$ a month ago to put together that PC, then sure as hell it will run almost anything you throw at it.
But most people don't have a 5000$ PCs. Sadly, those arrogant derps don't even want to think about that.

hecta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way I can play Mario Maker if I don't own a 3DS? I'm talking about the Mii part, not about the rom itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?