Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    Not true. Can we please let this meme die already :) Wwylele has been hard at work on dsp lle and has it functional now. It loads the memory correctly from the game now. I've been working on better controller support and plan to start making some pull requests for that soon (hot plugging, auto controller detection, controller touch/gryo support) b3n30 wrote a Homebrew app to calculate the actual delay values for file access (based off senjoshi's hack to fix elite four freezing) and will be getting that ready soon. Phantom is working on making citra fast. And I mean fast. On average, most games go twice as fast as they currently do. The code is already done, but doesn't work on amd (it's an amd issue, not a citra issue) so it's been delayed >.< Was ready to go a few weeks ago too

Only bunnei left to work on yuzu.... And he hasn't been working on citra seriously for a long time now.

DaMan, diskmach, Wrzl and 5 others like this.
  2. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind

Thanks for the updates the post was more to provoke them I knew that with this post someone from citra's team would answer something about citra and now we are more up to date on the new implementations.:P:D

DaMan, Kpskills and Slidingbass like this.
  3. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    You sly lil demon ;) well it worked. Feel free to ask questions about anything upcoming. I check gbatemp roughly once every "whenever things at work get really slow" so it may be a while before I respond. Heres an example of the touch + gyro support I am working on. (Notice I dont move the mouse since the ds4 controller has a touch pad, I was using that) https://i.imgur.com/dESAF9F.mp4

AceofZeroz, Slidingbass and NiagA like this.
  4. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Can't wait for Dsp lle :)

NiagA likes this.
  5. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    oh yes i saw, the support is only for ds4 or can we expect something also for other controllers?

Slidingbass likes this.
  6. jroweboy

jroweboy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    its using the same protocol that raj made for cemuhook, so its compatible with anything on this page: https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/padudpserver.html i am adding this for a few reasons: 1) phantom was going to do it instead of working on more things to make citra fast, and I'd rather them use their talents on making citra fast and leave simple tasks like this to n00bs like me. 2) it'll be very useful for yuzu as we'll wanna support joycons and motion controls and touch screens as the switch has all of the above as well. 3) i've been wanting to do this for a year now and just never got around to it. i bought a ds4 back then just to do this even :P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh and a shameless plug: i do programming streams on twitch where i work on whatever. feel free to stop by and say hi :)

7. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    NOOb you,lol....looking forward to the resource,but I'll wait patiently for it. thanks again for the quick response.:P

8. Deathmaw

Deathmaw Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2017
    Australia
    Can't wait for the ability to dump/load textures!

9. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland
    Hi i have an issue or i think it is an issue.

I have i5-3470 (3.4Ghz) which is basically doing more or less same stuff that 4Ghz 2500k could do. Aside from that i have hd7970 gpu and 8gb ram

From what i see in various people videos they seem to run some games really well. Like Mario 3D world which i saw many people running at full speed at many different setups. But when i try it runs basically at 50-60 max 70% speed on non official builds.
    I don't expect for example that something like MHXX will run at this time at 100% on my rig but again i see something like 50-60% on my rig.

OK i guess my CPU isn't working well i guess. Then i go to task manager and see this. Bascially emulator is well treated but something doesn't allow threads to go past 60%.

Is that normal for Citra at this stage or it is something actually with my computer/system ?

Generally what currently can people expect from Citra in therms of performance ?

[​IMG]

10. tywald

tywald Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    It looks like you have '3D feature' turned on in the in-game options, turning it off should help. It's in the options at the title screen.

Last edited by tywald, Feb 13, 2018
  11. Wrzl

Wrzl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Depending on the build, performance can vary quite a bit. I have a 2500k and with sickc's build MH: Generations runs at full speed (CPU utilisation looks like yours / disable 3D in menu) and Mario 3D is at mostly 60 fps but with frequent dips to at worst 45. So you should see better performance, at least with that build.
    Have you checked that your PC isn't getting too hot or is running throttled because of energy saving settings from windows or your GPU?

With your PC, many games are already playable at full speed but there are still quite a few that run slow or have bugs.

Last edited by Wrzl, Feb 13, 2018
  12. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    3.4Ghz i5 3xxx is NOT by FAR, NOT as fast as a 2500K@ 4.0GHz lol.
    It is not even close.

midoraku likes this.
  13. Wrzl

Wrzl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    I forgot to mention, my i5 is running at stock speed atm, so perkel's CPU should get him at least similar results.

Last edited by Wrzl, Feb 14, 2018
  14. radmaruto

radmaruto Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2017
    Belgium
    radiant historia perfect chronology English full speed on citra lol :sleep:

monster hunter générations can run too max speed on sick's build with i7 870 3,75 ghz but not the others

Last edited by radmaruto, Feb 14, 2018
  15. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2018
    United States
    Last edited by Heather95, Feb 16, 2018
  16. I''S

I''S Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2006
    Italy
    GCC or LLVM for build by sickc? I have i7 6700k.

17. NirCohen

NirCohen Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2018
    Israel
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie and after going through a few pages i'm confused. Official Citra latest build gives me around 28 fps outside on Pokemon Omega Ruby.
    I read through some reddit posts to look for some custom builds but i'm confused as of how many builds there are.
    Is there anything specific that could help me? My specs are:
    Intel i7-5700HQ
    Geforce GTX970m
    8gb of RAM.
    I tried downloading Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_Haswell_sandbox_20180118 and it doesn't give much improvement. Thank you!

18. Wrzl

Wrzl Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    I would test both for a few minutes if performance is critical. GCC is usually a bit faster, but his latest LLVM build runs faster for me. Although my "testing" was very limited.

19. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2018
    United States
    Are you using SSD or HDD? SSD makes for a performance improvement in Citra.

20. NirCohen

NirCohen Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2018
    Israel
    Okay so I just tried using ssd, seems a little better to be honest. Something around 34-37 while outside. Any other ideas?
    Thank you very much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice