Heather95 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Last edited by Heather95, Feb 16, 2018
  2. I''S

I''S Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    GCC or LLVM for build by sickc? I have i7 6700k.

3. NirCohen

NirCohen Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie and after going through a few pages i'm confused. Official Citra latest build gives me around 28 fps outside on Pokemon Omega Ruby.
    I read through some reddit posts to look for some custom builds but i'm confused as of how many builds there are.
    Is there anything specific that could help me? My specs are:
    Intel i7-5700HQ
    Geforce GTX970m
    8gb of RAM.
    I tried downloading Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_Haswell_sandbox_20180118 and it doesn't give much improvement. Thank you!

4. Wrzl

Wrzl Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    I would test both for a few minutes if performance is critical. GCC is usually a bit faster, but his latest LLVM build runs faster for me. Although my "testing" was very limited.

5. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Are you using SSD or HDD? SSD makes for a performance improvement in Citra.

6. NirCohen

NirCohen Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Okay so I just tried using ssd, seems a little better to be honest. Something around 34-37 while outside. Any other ideas?
    Thank you very much!

7. ZAMASU456

ZAMASU456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Is there anyone who can suggest a build to run pokemon ORAS on a low end laptop? If at all possible.
    Specs
    CPU Type
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70-2.60 GHz
    Graphics Chipset
    AMD Radeon R7 M260
    Memory
    2048 MB DDR3

8. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Sorry sir but you are wrong. 3xxx architecture is faster. It is just not as good OC cpu as 2500k and can't do anything crazy like 4,5ghz but @ 3.4Ghz it runs about as fast as [email protected] which is confirmed by multiple benchmarks, games etc.

My model is only before K version and only difference between them is that i can't OC mine everything else is the same.

Which build i should choose ? I don't see Ivy Bridge there and generic runs at speed i talked about. Maybe it is because none of those builds are optimized for Ivy Bridge ? What is your 2500k OC ?

Yes nothing wrong here.

damn. I need to get to bottom of this...

This is on generic. After switching off 3D in menu speed rate stays the same but CPU ussage went down.

[​IMG]

Last edited by perkel, Feb 15, 2018
  9. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    No problem, glad to hear it! Unfortunately ORAS is actually pretty performance heavy so that might be the best FPS you can get without upgrading your computer. You can try testing GCC build as well like Wrzl mentioned to see if it gives a few more frames than LLVM.

10. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    You need to wait for more optimized builds of Citra. With such processor you won't be able to play anything right now.
    It will take a while but performance requirements should go down once citra development progresses.

edit: forget what i said apparently someone on 1st gen gets full speed in games just with 3Ghz.

edit2:

managed to deal with my problem. I used Sandy Bridge sandbox for my Ivy Bridge and works full speed now in mission and about 85% in village

Last edited by perkel, Feb 15, 2018
  11. radmaruto

radmaruto Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    outside on Pokemon Omega Ruby.
    I read through some reddit posts to look for some custom builds but i'm confused as of how many builds there are.
    Is there anything specific that could help me? My specs are:
    Intel i7-5700HQ
    Geforce GTX970m
    8gb of RAM.
    I tried downloading Citra_LLVM5.0.0_Qt5.10.0_Haswell_sandbox_20180118 and it doesn't give much improvement. Thank you![/QUOTE]
    try sick s build a other build gives me lags during screens transition ,msi afterbruner need to be closed on my pc it sucks pref for citra

Last edited by radmaruto, Feb 15, 2018
  12. ZAMASU456

ZAMASU456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium

Yeah, that's what I thought. I know my pc should be able to handle ORAS graphical load easily if it wasn't for the extremely poor citra optimization at this point. So I might be out of luck. Allthough I managed to get 25-30 fps stable with this build. Which makes the game like semi playable if you don't mind the transitional stutters. Citra-Clang-5.0-AVX2-OPTIMIZED-14-DEC-2017 ;

Now I do wonder if there's a better build out there for me because to be honest I can't stand these stutters. It seems the game is playable at 30 + FPS. Anything below that and you get stuttering.

Last edited by ZAMASU456, Feb 15, 2018
  13. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    try this https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjo...facts/citra-windows-mingw-20180125-bd9f35d.7z

14. ZAMASU456

ZAMASU456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium

15. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It takes a while to load games with that build, like 10-15 seconds and make sure msi after burner, dxtory and fraps are closed

16. ZAMASU456

ZAMASU456 Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Naw, something is definitely wrong. I can hear the audio but it's not rendering the visuals. The log is full of red error codes. API ERROR 1282:GL ERROR Invalid Operation. I've got nothing else running. I have had this before with some builds. Not sure what it means. I'll do some searching.

17. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    The game runs at 30fps normally, are you sure you're locking the speed to 100%.

I'm using this build currently, runs the game full speed on an FX-6300 so you shouldn't have any problems.

18. Heather95

Heather95 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It'll be exciting when that texture upscaling gets added to drwhojan's builds. :D I think a PR is needed first.

19. tywald

tywald Member
    Newcomer

All I can see is that you switched to native resolution :P double check.

Here is a test on Canary, specs are i7-3770K and GTX 680. Internal resolution is 4x.

3D ON:
    [​IMG]

3D OFF:
    [​IMG]

Huge difference in speed, and if you flip the images back and forth on 100% scaling you should be able to notice the 3D effect so you know what it looks like if it's on or not, you probably won't be able to see in native resolution though :P

Last edited by tywald, Feb 16, 2018
  20. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    No, the difference is negligible, only a meager 5% it is faster, and this is WITH a 100MHz advantage, if you take that away, there is only 2 to 3 % increase per clock per core, if even that.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2500K/1316vs619

Try to educate yourself first before claiming someone is wrong.

So if you have a 3.4GHz i5 3xxx vs a 4.0GHz 2500K, the 2500K is VASTLY superior to the 3xxx one. Simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Unofficial, discussion, Chinese