Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    See:

Slidingbass likes this.
  2. dxgocho

dxgocho Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Ecuador
    For me is the opposite

3. Jonhy

Jonhy Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    United States
    their compiler.

4. Lunos

Lunos GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    I personally made some tests quite some time ago and MingW has always been faster than MSVC, to be quite honest.

5. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    For odd reason, some MingW builds are fast while some MSVC builds are faster to me. So yeah.

6. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    Null Pointer Exception HELL
    bcuz frankly MSVC is a $h1t compiler that just says "meh not gonna optimize this code ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

DaMan and Slidingbass like this.
  7. dxgocho

dxgocho Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Ecuador
    Like I said, for me is always faster MSVC

8. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    Mingw is faster for me.

AceofZeroz likes this.
  9. xmeee978

xmeee978 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2017
    Brazil
    same thing here,sometimes,MSVC runs well,but it's very rarely that happen,stick with mingw for now if you wanna have some speed...

10. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    A question for people who make the builds with the "addticks" function: How difficult would it be to add per-game config files like in other emulators?

Because different games need different numbers to play FMVs at full speed, and they usually require some specific number in order to run 100%. For example, Pokemon Sun needs around 18000 for the intro FMV to play at full speed, Monster Hunter Generations needs 21000, but running Pokemon Sun with 21000 makes the FMV run at half speed. And some games behave weirdly if addticks is anything other than 0, but Pokemon won't even start if addticks is 0, the FMV gets stuck.

The default of 10500 seems to work fine for most games, as far as the game actually starting goes, but still there's the speed issues, not to mention Bravely Second, which just locks to a lower framerate.

xmeee978 likes this.
  11. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia

Try my texscale build it has an auto FMV speedup builtin its not a general tickspeed hack as it specifically targets the video threads and speeds it up so the rest of the game stays stable. As for your question i remember valentincanelslande had something like that but idk.

On a side note heres what im working on :P
    2018-02-09_14-28-00.png

12. Edgarska

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    Texture replacement would be so cool.
    I downloaded your build, and while it runs Monster Hunter Generations slightly slower than the build I was using, it runs other games faster or as fast, specifically in Pokemon Sun, there are areas where it went down to 24fps, on yours it runs 100% speed. So I'll probably keep yours for general use and the other one just for MHX.

Edit: I don't know if you're aware of this, but your build doesn't show the game version when a game has updates installed in the game selection icon.

Last edited by Edgarska, Feb 9, 2018
  13. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    yea its because its an old build havent updated it from the latest citra. i'll rebase it when i release my next build

14. Edgarska

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    Do you have a github for your builds or just the links you post here?

15. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    yes i do have a github but for now most of the latest changes are on my local repo because the code is messy. i'll put it there once im satisfied with it and make a PR

Last edited by Senjosei, Feb 9, 2018
  16. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    What does custom texture do BTW? :unsure:

17. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    U can use replace the ingame textures to what ever you want. U can even change all to textures to memes if u want :P . But the main reason is so others can make their own better upscaled texture for the game.

18. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Hmm. Interesting. I'll wait and see if it works for Smash Bros and the Warrior series(Hyrule and Fire Emblem).

Smash Bros 3DS have dt and ls files as game data and the texture format is either in .tex or .bch and the Warriors series use LINKDATA.bin and LINKDATA.idx as game data and the texture is in .dat, .gt1, .nfc, and .sdb. I wonder how it going to bypass the game daya though. But meh. I'm sure Dolphin Emulator did it before.

Lastly, does dumping texture actually dumps .png, .jpg, or .dds image files or the game's texture like .bch, .brres, .tex, .dat, etc?
    I'm just curious because I want to grab the texture of Hyrule Warriors Legends on the 3DS now that some people got their hands on a special tool(which is private and not release to the public) that can export models and texture of that game. Same goes to FEWarriors.

19. Senjosei

Senjosei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    Australia
    How the texture dumping works it that every game textures that are currently on display will be dumped in .bmp or .png format (i still havent decided).

Lunos likes this.
  20. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i just want citra to run DLC...

xmeee978 likes this.