Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

tot318

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@tot318 MGS3 is literally not optimize especially if you overclock your CPU or even have a powerful PC. You won't get full speed at some upscale.
Like I said before, optimization is the key same as cpu single thread processing power. What I'm trying to say is the unofficial builds are some what better than the official (I nothing against the official builds). These guys here are giving their free time to produce good builds to accommodate as many games as possible and I thank them for the effort.

Senjosei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So im the guy making the texture upscaling and i have a problem. Right now it works beautifully but im having a bit of a problem. Internally im upscaling 3D element textures and 2D element textures but video also counts as 2D textures and as far as i can tell theres no way of differentiating them so all the video will get upscaled. That might sound good news but unless u have a super computer or something upscaling textures 6x or even 2x isnt possible in 30fps. Should i just drop upscaling the 2D elements?
upload_2018-1-25_22-8-11.png

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im the guy making the texture upscaling and i have a problem. Right now it works beautifully but im having a bit of a problem. Internally im upscaling 3D element textures and 2D element textures but video also counts as 2D textures and as far as i can tell theres no way of differentiating them so all the video will get upscaled. That might sound good news but unless u have a super computer or something upscaling textures 6x or even 2x isnt possible in 30fps. Should i just drop upscaling the 2D elements?]

This is more of a personal preference, but I'd say remove 2d scaling completely. Sometimes, like with character portraits, it can look good, but most UI elements are done with the original resolution in mind and just become a muddled mess when filtered.

Reactions: Wrzl

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
So im the guy making the texture upscaling and i have a problem. Right now it works beautifully but im having a bit of a problem. Internally im upscaling 3D element textures and 2D element textures but video also counts as 2D textures and as far as i can tell theres no way of differentiating them so all the video will get upscaled. That might sound good news but unless u have a super computer or something upscaling textures 6x or even 2x isnt possible in 30fps. Should i just drop upscaling the 2D elements?
View attachment 112113
Isn't X/Y and SM/USUM uses .moflex for the intro and not ui(except for the top part for X/Y)?
So I assume that you have to upscale the video to make it look HD. But however, it's partially illegal to send any .moflex videos as it's copyrighted.
tuH9rRW.png

I say, get rid of it.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Slidingbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 112113
I would say drop the 2d elements or add some kind of option to enable upscaling for 2d textures for those people who have beefy systems.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay i've a i7 870 4.1 ghz ,660 gtx dragon quest 8 run all time 100 % on my pc. it's really not enough strong ?

The cpu is pretty outdated, even at 4.1Ghz that would be equivalent to a 2.1~GHz 7000 series i5/i7. even lower on 8000 series.
Every generation after the 2000 series is about 10% increase per clock per core, (the jump from first gen to second gen was a pretty big leap, 25% or so) so basically, if you take a 7600 i5, that is about 95% faster per clock than your i7. To make math simple, that would mean a 2.1GHz i5 7600 is about as fast per clock per core as your 4.1GHz i7 per clock per core.

Taken this into account, your CPU is quite weak for emulation past 4th gen emulation (baring wii, that is pretty much a shared 4th gen)

So don't expect miracles from the emulator running good on your hardware any time soon.

Also dq8 is a pretty light game, try 7th dragon or mariokart, those games a re a lot more demanding and put a more realistic view on the load of citra

Last edited by warweeny,

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find any documentation for what the addticks option does exactly, could someone try to give me the gist of it?

I noticed that in Fantasy Life I could get close to full speed by setting it to 24000, going lower or higher makes the game run slower. In Kirby Planet Robobot the best speed was achieved by setting it to 7000, setting it lower didn't seem to impact the frame rate much (at most 2fps), but leaving it at 24000 almost cut the frame rate in half.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone test this build with 20300ticks and 10 vertices per thread to see if there are any bugs? https://github.com/acnleditor2/citra/releases
Edit: 21000 seems to be the sweet spot for smooth fmv playback, still don't know if it breaks any games
Any game in particular you need tested? I've been using it for Fantasy Life, Metroid Samus Returns, and ACNL, all run flawlessly, even the Fantasy Life videos.

Slidingbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any game in particular you need tested? I've been using it for Fantasy Life, Metroid Samus Returns, and ACNL, all run flawlessly, even the Fantasy Life videos.
I tested the intro in Ultra sun and moon :P, and Dragon ball z extreme butoden runs at full speed now on the dialogues

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the intro in Ultra sun and moon :P, and Dragon ball z extreme butoden runs at full speed now on the dialogues
Ever Oasis hangs when trying to load a save, but I don't know if that counts or not, it didn't load at all in the build I was previously using.

Edit: It loads when lowering to 7000 ticks.

It doesn't need to go that low, at 19793 ticks it still loads, at 19794 it stops working. It doesn't really freeze, the loading icon just keeps playing. Though I guess the exact number might be different for other CPUs, I don't really know if that would affect it.

Last edited by Edgarska,
Reactions: Slidingbass

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone test this build with 20300ticks and 10 vertices per thread to see if there are any bugs? https://github.com/acnleditor2/citra/releases
Edit: 21000 seems to be the sweet spot for smooth fmv playback, still don't know if it breaks any games
I tried Puzzle & Dragons X and game is working at full speed and doesn't crash like any other build before. The only issue is that the picture of game is little red but I didn't see any other issue so far. Other games that I tried works normal, but the biggest progress with this build for sure is Puzzle & Dragons X, well at least for me.

Reactions: Slidingbass

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
hi I'm new here
please can u add microphone support
I mean pressing a button just like desmume ds emulator
Kek. Wrong thread to ask this. Visit the Official thread.
Anyways, you're not the first person asking this. Many people including myself back on 2016 suggested this. But they haven't reverse engineer the 3DS' microphone and implement it on Citra yet.

But meh. I dunno what game are you trying to play with microphone.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
View attachment 112113
I'm pretty late to the party but I felt like sharing my opinion anyways.
If you get to implement custom textures (you mentioned that you were working or were going to work on it before) then automatically upscaling 2D elements seems pointless to me. Let the community handle that through texture packs where the people manually replace said elements with upscaled versions of them, that'll be the safest option to choose for everyone.
I assume that'll be possible, right? I think it is a thing in other emulators/texture packs, at least.

Last edited by Lunos,
Reactions: Senjosei

radmaruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The cpu is pretty outdated, even at 4.1Ghz that would be equivalent to a 2.1~GHz 7000 series i5/i7. even lower on 8000 series.
Every generation after the 2000 series is about 10% increase per clock per core, (the jump from first gen to second gen was a pretty big leap, 25% or so) so basically, if you take a 7600 i5, that is about 95% faster per clock than your i7. To make math simple, that would mean a 2.1GHz i5 7600 is about as fast per clock per core as your 4.1GHz i7 per clock per core.

Taken this into account, your CPU is quite weak for emulation past 4th gen emulation (baring wii, that is pretty much a shared 4th gen)

So don't expect miracles from the emulator running good on your hardware any time soon.

Also dq8 is a pretty light game, try 7th dragon or mariokart, those games a re a lot more demanding and put a more realistic view on the load of citra
a core i7 7700 k 4.2 ghz seem to be as 30 % more faster than a core i7 870 4.1 ghz

it's as 50 % with the same speed but not a core i5 citra seem to use all core and threads .yep hyperthreading give really huge boost with citrahttps://www.kitguru.net/components/...ore-i7-7700k-i5-7600k-kaby-lake-cpu-review/5/
1516897282-ggggggggggh.png

Last edited by radmaruto,

Senjosei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't X/Y and SM/USUM uses .moflex for the intro and not ui(except for the top part for X/Y)?
So I assume that you have to upscale the video to make it look HD. But however, it's partially illegal to send any .moflex videos as it's copyrighted.
I say, get rid of it.
Just to clarify its dynamically scaling up the textures you already have so im not sharing the game files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.