Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    What branch you fixed it ?, are how..

2. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands

all these builds have frame pacing issues lol

Slidingbass and JPXZ like this.
  3. dxgocho

dxgocho Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Ecuador
    That is why I dont like Sicks builds

Slidingbass likes this.
  4. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Then its proven that the FMV speed up is causing this
    https://github.com/sickc/citra/commit/94c5e5f3d24ac0222111a4a4b505a7ef2a8d59cf

We can just replace the "ticks;" that will make it normal again, But might brake pokemon Alola Photo Club fix, and will lower FMV back to its normal speed.

On the other hand We could find out what Controls the "frame pacing" and push that up too to Match the FMV speed up in Timing..

But the games is running as normal, despite the incorrect "frame pacing"

5. Arachno67

Arachno67 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2018
    Germany
    I'm experiencing the following problem with the Canary and unofficial builds:

affected games
    Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (EUR)
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (EUR)

Independent of the resolution (and apparently any other setting) those games are slowing down after every 3D-conversation scene. While the first conversation plays at full speed (Frame: 11 ms), the second plays at about 14 ms, the third at about 16 ms and so on until becoming unplayably slow.

To remedy the problem I have to switch to a different resolution whereby it does not matter to which one (native or x6 e.g. does not make any difference, it solves the problem instantly albeit only temporarily). I checked with Afterburner and there are no issues with RAM usage, GPU temperature, core clock or anything unusual. I'm no coder, but for my amateurish understanding it seems something remains in memory which shouldn't. :blush:

Is this a known issue? I'm using an AMD R9 290X graphics card, different driver versions seem to make no difference (newer drivers are faster, but the slowdown occurs one way or another).

I'm using different emulators (Dolphin, PCSX2, CEMU), Citra is the only one I'm experiencing this kind of problem with.

I hope somebody can help! :rolleyes:

Last edited by Arachno67, Jan 2, 2018
  6. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    if skipping frames and having a choppy game is "normal" then yes :P
    i know what you mean though, it is still fullspeed, but extremely choppy

xmeee978 likes this.
  7. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    make for we a better compilation then.:ha:

your problem.:P

Furya likes this.
  8. xmeee978

xmeee978 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2017
    Brazil
    i like the reset button + the toolbar! such nice style! ^^
    the option "ignore format reinterpretation" was a good one,

in pushmo,you can disable/enable the shadow of the blocks...

in KH 3D DDD,turned on and goes with a little cuts of fps in battle,
    but almost perfect (getting out of spirit menu,takes a little to load back),
    opost from ever oasis that turn off,makes runs well...

turn off in fire emblem fates, for a nice run...

got a bad FPS in poochy & yoshi's woolly world...

on hyrule warriors legends and pokemon ORAS remove the black lines when turn on,
    turn off in pokemon,makes the game stay mute (not apply in SM,USUM...),sad that
    this one don't have alola photo club fix...

and speaking of pokemon,rumble blast has the cry sound when you lost your pokemon in battle,
    X/Y stays the same thing,but turn off that option makes the game slow as hell and stop
    right in sycamore's face,creepy...

no big changes if turn on or off in: super mario 3d land,mighty gunvolt burst,
    mario and luigi superstar saga + bowser's minions,mii maker,TLoZ - A Link Between worlds...

overall,a good option for the emulator to have,just depends from the game that you're playing with...

9. Furya

Furya Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2017
    Portugal
    Latest builds from drwhojan and valentinvanelslande are the smoothest builds i've tested thus far, even smoother than sickc's. The only thing i don't understand is why i have more FPS on USUM intro on sickc's, but everywhere else your builds are the fastest.
    Very good work guys idd!

p.s. My specs:
    AMD Fx 8350 @ 4.5ghz (bad IPC [instructions per cycle] i know)
    Nvidia Gtx Titan 6gb
    16gb ddr3 1600mhz

Last edited by Furya, Jan 3, 2018
    AceofZeroz, Slidingbass and xmeee978 like this.
  10. xmeee978

xmeee978 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2017
    Brazil
    same agree here,i never go too much to sick's too,besides,
    the two has a decent balance of performance,that build is only for
    games like kingdom hearts y'know,one game works a little better in other build,
    but test is test,we'll don't know until we try and see for our own eyes! o/ ;)

Furya likes this.
  11. n1dminhd

n1dminhd Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    - Citra 1.0.47
    Dragon ball Fusion origin : Play Very Good
    Dragon ball Fusion Update 2.2.0 : not play, has stop working
    - Citra Latest bleeding Edge
    Dragon ball Fusion origin : Play Very Good
    Dragon ball Fusion Update 2.2.0 : Play Very Good
    Please ! Fix

xmeee978 likes this.
  12. grnlizard

grnlizard Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    United States
    The outlines even came back in sickc latest build :rofl2:

13. Slidingbass

Slidingbass GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    You can remove them by turning on the hack in the graphics tab.

14. grnlizard

grnlizard Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    United States
    :bow: Sorry for my ignorance Cheers u guys are legends

xmeee978 and Slidingbass like this.
  15. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    @xmeee978

About the Super Mario 3D land, this is now added
    https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3283

And will be in the canary build to test..

Although i was not sure if I was compiling in Clang format.

Sorry got a little on today getting my Insulin changed est, so will be back later on!

16. Elu

Elu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    Croatia
    Thanks for all your work guys. Is Pokemon X/Y fixed or you still get that black screen at the beginning?

17. Slidingbass

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Nope The freeze is still there

18. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    The game is not waiting on any think.. Nore any Errors at that point in CMD, Are Warnings, Just using server helpers are Demo..
    Could Any future LLE Audio fix it ?.. Who knows we wait, Why its it drawing a black screen on new game was the question..
    Is it waiting some Unimplemented AAC audio..
    ------

I know channel 3 was fixed in the game, with missing part of pipe3, Fixing only some sounds that's not there in the official build of any.

Last edited by drwhojan, Jan 3, 2018
    Slidingbass likes this.
  19. Slidingbass

Nov 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Actually wwylele researched it LLE'ing the DSP in the citra would probably fix xy

drwhojan likes this.
  20. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    I know seen it at the tieba baidu / not sure if a lowed to post it since the page has no build of citra to it...

Cat out the bag / since OCT 2017, Was Posted to Me, But cannot find the original post..

EDIT: immediate mode ?..

Code:
    Also, i have new informations about Pokemon XY :

<jroweboy> right, it sounds like to me like its not a fatal error state or anything like that, its just doing something like "while (event not signalled) draw black transition screen"
    <jroweboy> i was going to look into reing the dsp pipe3 stuff because i'm curious to see if that has some mystical "audio callback" or something that would tell the game that an audio effect finished
    <jroweboy> so what i'm trying to say, is i wonder if its because pipe3 isn't researched, we aren't triggering the pipe interrupt for it, and the game will just sit there waiting for the interrupt
    <jroweboy> (we only trigger the dsp interrupt for pipe2 right now when its initialized or on wakeup)
    <Subv> we always trigger the pipe 3 interrupt event along with the audio pipe event
    <Subv> pipe2 is audio
    <Subv> the game isn't waiting on any event, nor does it poll any event's completion status via WaitSynchronization(no_timeout)
    <jroweboy> where are you seeing that we trigger pipe3 interrupt? and the names are just guess work as far as I remember (@merry could clarify that point)
    <Subv> see AudioTickCallback
    <Subv> the game draws that black quad using immediate mode, btw
    <jroweboy> ah shoot, didn't see that one in my searching :/ I was looking at pipe.cpp where the actual implementations go
    <merry> most games check https: //github. com /citra-emu/citra/blob/master/src/audio_core/hle/dsp.h#L326 to see if things finish playing afaik
    <Subv> why are we so sure it's audio that's causing the problem?
    <jroweboy> no one but the users are ;) but there aren't any other current explanations, and the fact that games that use pipe3 all freeze in different places means its something that should be looked into.
    <jroweboy> or at least suggests that
    <merry> personally I'd wait for DSP LLE
    <merry> if that's the case
    <jroweboy> DSP LLE... hmm... i wonder if there was anyone around here thats interested in running LLE components ;D
    <merry> i'd probably not push it to citra officially? it'll probably just be one of my experiment things
    <jroweboy> i'm just making a little joke about how Subv's lately been putting a bunch of effort into running lle services along side hle ones

Last edited by drwhojan, Jan 3, 2018
    Furya, AceofZeroz, xmeee978 and 3 others like this.