Hacking cISO USB2 + sysmenu 4.0 update

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

First of all, I'm running 3.2U Wii with Wiikey1 1.9s. I have cIOS36 installed, but haven't done the cIOS for usb2 yet. I want to upgrade to 4.0 for the SD thing.

I have Starfall, but I'm not dependent on it. I just want to know, when I upgrade to 4.0, through whatever method, will I get usb2.0 support, or is that thru the cIOS2.0 installer only?

If I install cIOS usb2.0, and then update my Wii to 4.0, will it work, or is installing cIOS usb 2.0 unnecessary?

Also, what is the difference in this guide: http://www.yafaze.com/wii/menu4.0hack.html

There seem to be two different ways to update to 4.0, Waninkoko's way, which I assume only installs the needed files, not ALL of the new IOSs like Ninty's update. I'm assuming the best way is NOT Waninkoko's way? I'm assuming that the better method is to have all the IOS's up-to-date. Waninkoko's keeps Trucha, Ninty's does not. Or is there something I'm not seeing here?

The only thing I'm worried about is 4.0 being able to auto-update or something, without my knowledge. I've searched around gbatemp and have come to the conclusion that this will NOT happen...

TIA

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb 2.0 is stored in IOS202 (I believe) and won't be removed when you install systemu menu 4.0. You can install it either before or after upgrading the system menu.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question, if you install CIOS rev 8, or whatever the newest one from waninkoko is, and then install cISO USB2, would the usb2 cios overwrite waninkokos, or would they just stack on top of each other and let me use the functions of both?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cios rev 8 is based on 36 but stored in 249 and usb2 is based on cios and stored on 202 they can be installed seprately and can not replace one another this is the reason kwirk wrote usb2 to install on 202 because he did not want it to interfere with ciosrev8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there