R4ndom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey,

I was wondering about whether if it is possible to patch a Pokemon Y rom so that moving the Circle Pad would result in the same kind of movement (running and walking in three dimensions) as in ORAS? Don't like the rollerskates that much to be honest, but changing the controls might not be the easiest task in the world at the moment, at least on the 3DS scene.

beester87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I was wondering about whether if it is possible to patch a Pokemon Y rom so that moving the Circle Pad would result in the same kind of movement (running and walking in three dimensions) as in ORAS? Don't like the rollerskates that much to be honest, but changing the controls might not be the easiest task in the world at the moment, at least on the 3DS scene.
You might be able to just make it so that you never receive the Roller Skates. Otherwise, holding the Dowsing Machine prevents the Roller Skates.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, the walking directional scheme is something that would be deeply integrated within the game. Triggers are set up for one type of system, and the coordinate system of X/Y vs the free-flow(ish) version of ORAS simply seem too different to be able to change it without major work.

I don't see this being feasibly possible.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, the walking directional scheme is something that would be deeply integrated within the game. Triggers are set up for one type of system, and the coordinate system of X/Y vs the free-flow(ish) version of ORAS simply seem too different to be able to change it without major work.

I don't see this being feasibly possible.
it would require ASM hacking, but X/Y still has the non grid system in it, the bike and rollar skates use it. Your best bet might be copying code from the bike, and slowing it/changing animations

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH