OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Hi

I just noticed that all 2 new 3ds/ new 3dsxl have sandy grainy circle pads. They are alot less smooth than my old 3ds which I bough from launch. Is it normal? Because they are from different markets. The N3dsXL is from US and the small one is from EU.

Is there any lubricant that can be applied to those circle pads? I also need it for my PSP old analog stick. Silicon or anything?

Thanks!

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
That's kinda weird...the first thing I noticed about my n3DS was how much smoother the circle pad felt compared to my old launch model 3DS.

You could try a small squirt of switch cleaner (Servisol brand in the UK) and see how it feels. If it's still grindy then yeah, maybe silicone lube would do the trick.

Reactions: Obi123

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's kinda weird...the first thing I noticed about my n3DS was how much smoother the circle pad felt compared to my old launch model 3DS.

You could try a small squirt of switch cleaner (Servisol brand in the UK) and see how it feels. If it's still grindy then yeah, maybe silicone lube would do the trick.
I agree, I noticed this as well, but I think it's just because the circle pad gets worn over time and starts feeling gritty, so it will feel better on a brand new console. Friction will do that over time, and there's no way to avoid it except lube it up.

Reactions: Obi123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia