Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
dude, that's harsh!

ModMii is "just" a batch script... but its the largest and most versatile batch script ever written... and that is a fact. That may not be something most ppl would be proud of because any1 in their right mind would not spend 1500+ hours on a 20,000+ line batch script when they could probably spend less time writing a similar app in a more sophisticated programming language... but I'm not most ppl. I am proud to have written what is probably the most widely used batch script ever made, and why shouldn't I be? I've indirectly helped thousands upon thousands of ppl mod their wii's with my program, and never bricked a single person. Anyways, I don't want to go on too much about modmii otherwise I risk proving your point.

Anyways, the point is... I started writing ModMii initially so I didn't need to repeat myself a million times... when some1 has an upside-down homebrew channel, instead of explaining how to fix it, now i can tell them to run ModMii's hackmii solutions feature. ModMii does it all, it may not be up for app of the year (although I think it should be, but that's a different story all together) but take it for what it is... which is an interactive soft modding guide. ModMii kicks the shit out of any other guide on the internet, and it is the ONLY legal offline guide ever made (unless u count the complete softmod guide, which I am also a contributor to).

And FYI, I've done more for community than just ModMii... heck I am playing a small part in the new ultimate cIOS this thread is all about! Anyways, I don't want to start shit either, and there is no "beef" between us, we're cool, but I had to say my 2 cents.
I didn't mean the genitalia stroking thing like that. What I meant is that you (and this is going to come out wrong, too) act like ModMii is the alpha and the omega.

I mean, I'm sure it's a very useful tool. I just can't personally attest to that since, well, the whole Linux thing I mentioned earlier.

joonapie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I start gottat say hi and thanks to you for your help with modding my wii
smile.gif

Ok I got your newest beta cIOS250[38]-v21d2x2 (i think lol) I get random freeze's on MC b5 when using USB (fat32) and SD. I only have a few games on there like 10 max the N64 stuff works a treat it mainly hangs on Wii Ware. Just wondered if there is a certain base I should be using maybe I got the wrong one lol Im really new to this so still getting my head around certain things.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in!

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
joonapie, the problem is that official rev21 has low compatibility for nand emulation (FFS module).
rev21d2x v3beta fixes a few bugs in FFS module but not all.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joonapie said:
Before I start gottat say hi and thanks to you for your help with modding my wii
smile.gif

Ok I got your newest beta cIOS250[38]-v21d2x2 (i think lol) I get random freeze's on MC b5 when using USB (fat32) and SD. I only have a few games on there like 10 max the N64 stuff works a treat it mainly hangs on Wii Ware. Just wondered if there is a certain base I should be using maybe I got the wrong one lol Im really new to this so still getting my head around certain things.

Use cIOS249[56] or cIOS250[57].

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
D34DL1N3R said:
joonapie said:
smile.gif

Use cIOS249[56] or cIOS250[57].
Is that first hand knowledge? From my experience, they give at best the same results as 38 (which is my main testing base IOS).

In either case: there are some problematic wiiware games. If you're new to this, it's best to start out with a game that's confirmed working. this list may be old, but it still gives a fair idea of what the current problematic games are.

Oh, and perhaps some of my other findings from yesterday are worth mentioning:
-bubble bobble plus loads a lot faster than on 'official' rev21.
smile.gif

-lostwind still crashes (tested with base IOS 38)...but I managed to start the level, create the savegame and start the game. It froze up when leaving the first screen. (my guess is that the game crashes while trying to auto-save).
-Strong bad episode 1 hangs at the title screen. This is better than the green screen mentioned in the wiki, but I don't have previous test data.
-(as mentioned in an earlier post) swords and soldiers works as long as you don't have to save anything (use the guest account).

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
ModMii is "just" a batch script... but its the largest and most versatile batch script ever written... and that is a fact.

I am proud to have written what is probably the most widely used batch script ever made...
how were these three points determined, exactly?

i think modmii is pretty neat, for sure, but you are either taking the piss, or something in your sense of self has gone massively pear-shaped.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
XFlak said:
ModMii is "just" a batch script... but its the largest and most versatile batch script ever written... and that is a fact.

I am proud to have written what is probably the most widely used batch script ever made...

i think modmii is pretty neat, for sure, but you are either taking the piss, or something in your sense of self has gone massively pear-shaped.

ARRRHH why can´t people just make a great app without all this bullshit (best app ever is ModMii)
so i really think that XFlak should be proud of himself

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OncleJulien said:
XFlak said:

ModMii.bat is about 0.7MBs, the next largest batch script I've ever seen is 10KBs (70 times smaller). Compared to programs in other languages, it's not all those things I said, but as a batch script it is. And the simple reason is cuz no1 really uses/writes batch scripts anymore... seriously, when I had to google a question about batch programming, almost all the articles I found were well over 10 years old! Whatever the reason, ModMii truly is the largest and most versatile batch script ever written, but so what? That doesn't make me a crazy skilled programmer. That means I know my way around cmd line and spent A LOT of time perfecting a tool written in a near dead programming language... and that's about it. I don't get what everyone's problem is... I can't say ModMii kicks ass without some1 saying I'm either full of myself or full of shit. I'm sick of hearing that, if u don't think ModMii is those 3 statements I said, I challenge u to find (or write) a batch script that is larger and performs more functions than ModMii. The simple fact is... u won't find it because it takes a real dumbass (like me) to write a batch script this large. If any1 wanted to write a program that could do more than ModMii, they would do so in another programming language. You'll never find true geniuses like TT or giantpune writing a program in batch scripts. Sure I'm proud of writing an amazing batch script... but at the same time it's a huge joke. You should hear DeadlyFoez compliment and make fun of me at the same time by repeating what I can do with a "F*CKING BATCH FILE, HAHAHAHAHAHA". Honestly, I know batch programming is dead, and if I ever want to get into computers I need to learn some real programming (but for now I'm content sticking to my current career path in finance)... but common, u try writing a batch file that large in notepad without so much as a debugger to help track down errors... it's not easy for anyone to do. Anyways, if u don't want to hear me talk about ModMii, don't read my posts and quit bugging me.

@Fox888, thx for your support! It's nice knowing that if I were offline or w/e someone's still got my back
biggrin.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
Samba the Amigo crashes randomly with beta 4.Randomly where? in the intro or game or both? In the menu? (playing it now myself)
Sometimes when picking a player.

Music keeps going but game does'nt respond.
QUOTE(davebaol @ Feb 18 2011, 09:58 AM)
Please try v3beta5 and official rev21 then report the result.
Well, i had that same weird freeze now with v3beta5, didn't try the offilial rev 21 yet.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Xflak, your app is superbly awesome. The amount of downloads for it just goes to prove it that much more.

Yes, batch programming is really rather childs play as far as programming. But quite honestly, I have not seen anyone else make such a versitile app for the wii. There are many other apps (sciifii for example) that just die within their first 2 pages of their thread because they overall suck and don't teach anything to the user but instead just "do it all behind the scenes".

I've been with Xflak on this from the very beginning. I helped Xflak quite a bit with the logical ideas of things. I DID NOT DO ANY PROGRAMMING MYSELF, it has all been Xflak. Xflak has asked for my opinion many times about how to make it easy for the end user.

But honestly, coming from someone who does not computer science or programming degree and has only done this on his own free time with the intent to just help people, and with the amount of people that use his app, that should say it all. Xflak has done something rather great. Yes, ModMii would be NOTHING without the other great programmers and ModMii's supporting apps that the programmers make, but in the end Xflak pulled it all together and has gotten MANY programmers to adjust or make custom apps to work with ModMii.

Anyone who downplays ModMii's abilities are as ignorant as Micheal Jackson claiming that he is not a pedophile.

Everyone in the "scene" knows that ModMii is the standard for noobs and even for veteran wii hackers wanting an easy way to get all that they want.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Xflak, your app is superbly awesome. The amount of downloads for it just goes to prove it that much more.

Yes, batch programming is really rather childs play as far as programming. But quite honestly, I have not seen anyone else make such a versitile app for the wii. There are many other apps (sciifii for example) that just die within their first 2 pages of their thread because they overall suck and don't teach anything to the user but instead just "do it all behind the scenes".

I've been with Xflak on this from the very beginning. I helped Xflak quite a bit with the logical ideas of things. I DID NOT DO ANY PROGRAMMING MYSELF, it has all been Xflak. Xflak has asked for my opinion many times about how to make it easy for the end user.

But honestly, coming from someone who does not computer science or programming degree and has only done this on his own free time with the intent to just help people, and with the amount of people that use his app, that should say it all. Xflak has done something rather great. Yes, ModMii would be NOTHING without the other great programmers and ModMii's supporting apps that the programmers make, but in the end Xflak pulled it all together and has gotten MANY programmers to adjust or make custom apps to work with ModMii.

Anyone who downplays ModMii's abilities are as ignorant as Micheal Jackson claiming that he is not a pedophile.

Everyone in the "scene" knows that ModMii is the standard for noobs and even for veteran wii hackers wanting an easy way to get all that they want.
agree

joonapie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
joonapie, the problem is that official rev21 has low compatibility for nand emulation (FFS module).
rev21d2x v3beta fixes a few bugs in FFS module but not all.
Just thought I'd let you know i have been trying different combo's of SD and USB ( just went out and got a 1TB today) and now they all work just fine. I just re dumped my nand and reinstalled MC b5 and I had no problems so far using the beta, even the game that randomly froze after about 10mins worked for 3+ hours today (game was Spot the Differences! USA).
Thank you thank you thank you for the help!!

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
Etheboss said:
Hielkenator said:
Samba the Amigo crashes randomly with beta 4.Randomly where? in the intro or game or both? In the menu? (playing it now myself)
Sometimes when picking a player.

Music keeps going but game does'nt respond.
QUOTE(davebaol @ Feb 18 2011, 09:58 AM)
Please try v3beta5 and official rev21 then report the result.
Well, i had that same weird freeze now with v3beta5, didn't try the offilial rev 21 yet.
Tested Official rev 21 a bit and v3beta5, so far no crashes...i will try a few times more later...

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
L4D said:
weird i just retest Dr mario dx, contra rebirth they work now must of been a gitch on my part, except i'm still getting a save failed on ff iv after year tho, saves fine on new save but if u try to save over it it gives u a save failed.
The tower of druaga was working when i just retried it but when i try it again now its giving me a error when u load up weird, so random
Ok, I've fixed the bug about corrupted data in the tower of druaga.
It was a wrong error code in ISF_ReadDir inside the FFS module.

But most important now I'm able to trace in a log file each call to the FFS module and its returned value.
This should make bug fixing easier.
Do you guys want a v3beta6 with logging enabled?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
I'm able to trace in a log file each call to the FFS module and its returned value.
I am all for it, then ppl can test stuff and give you the log to analyse and hopefully fix bugs.

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
But most important now I'm able to trace in a log file each call to the FFS module and its returned value.

Thats awesome idea, i'm for that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/