Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
Hielkenator said:
PS, is there a way to FULLY play Smash Bros. Brawl from usb ( playing master pieces etc. ) ?
Shouldn't this now be possible with the IOS-Reload Block? Didn't test it, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't...

EDIT: Ok, doesn't seem to work, you're right. But it isn't a useful extra eitherway
tongue.gif

Most likely the masterspieces have another title id, and that's why the IOS Reload block in the cIOS just doesn't think it's required.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I copied and pasted the new module files( replaced the old files when asked by windows) into the d2xmodules folder that modmii created.

Still showing up as v4 in the latest version of modmii.

Is that normal?

EDIT: I have no folder called modules/d2x-beta like it says in the original post on how to see the latest version of the files.

The folder i have is called d2xModules

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@icebrg5
[*]Reinstall ModMii 4.5.7 from scratch[*]Create the folder "d2x-beta" inside ModMii's folder named "modules" [*]Open d2x rar and unpack the content of the folder "modules" inside the folder that you've created in step 2

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
I copied and pasted the new module files( replaced the old files when asked by windows) into the d2xmodules folder that modmii created.

Still showing up as v4 in the latest version of modmii.

Is that normal?

EDIT: I have no folder called modules/d2x-beta like it says in the original post on how to see the latest version of the files.

The folder i have is called d2xModules
Yes, you're supposed to create this folder. Took me a while to figure it out too.

This latest version impresses the hell out of me. I am excited that I can now load ALL of my games from HDD, and the only game I'll have to keep in my drive anymore is Brawl (most of the better Brawl mods don't work with USB loaders).

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
@icebrg5
[*]Reinstall ModMii 4.5.7 from scratch[*]Create the folder "d2x-beta" inside ModMii's folder named "modules" [*]Open d2x rar and unpack the content of the folder "modules" inside the folder that you've created in step 2

That worked like a charm

Thanks again.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to thank all the people who worked on this project. Without all the analyzing, coding and testing, none of these improvements would be possible. Cheers to all for your hard work.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Blue-K said:
Hielkenator said:
PS, is there a way to FULLY play Smash Bros. Brawl from usb ( playing master pieces etc. ) ?
Shouldn't this now be possible with the IOS-Reload Block? Didn't test it, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't...

EDIT: Ok, doesn't seem to work, you're right. But it isn't a useful extra eitherway
tongue.gif

Most likely the masterspieces have another title id, and that's why the IOS Reload block in the cIOS just doesn't think it's required.

So that's a "no" I suppose?

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great work!

IOS Reload Block with d2xv6 is really awesome!
Together with it and cfg 69b3 MP Trilogy and the "Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort Bundle Disc" (SP2P01) are working perfect!

Btw: The "fixed_EHCI" modul released for d2xv6beta1 helped a user on a german board to be able to dump games on his HDD. Before he was only able to dump games with the IOS222 Version of the cfg, now it works with IOS 247 from d2xv6beta1 with "fixed_EHCI" modul.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on v3 to avoid updating all the time. Will there be more releases soon??

smile.gif

I think I've said this before, but it's never enough...AWESOME work and THANKS A MILLION for this!

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@daveboal, I made few tests today and maybe you are interested to know ...

1. I used a HEX editor to manually add "Korean key patch" into d2x v6 wad which
I made from ModMii. (I compared two cIOSs which made/patched by WiiMod so I
can find the difference between a normal and a Korean key patched cIOS)

Then I installed this modified cIOS249[56]d2x6 into a JPN Wii and tested several
games with CFG v69b3. The results were encouraged -> it's OK to load a Korean
game (no matter from a NTFS drive or from a DISC). Also there is no problem to
load any other game (non-Korean game).

2. I installed the same "modified" cIOS249[56]d2x6 into a KOR Wii and tested by using
CFG v69b3. However, I got "DSI Code dump" after loading a game (no matter it's a
Korean or non-Korean game). Then I changed back to a normal d2x6 but I still got
the same problem.

After doing more tests , I found there is no problem if I used d2x3 or a normal
cIOSX v21 (Waninkoko) . But I got "DSI Code dump" problem with d2x4 or d2x5
or d2x6 ( no matter I used v69b1 or b2 or b3).

Since I don't have the "updated" d2x cios installer, I am not sure if I will have the same
problem (DSI Code dump) on my KOR Wii to use d2x4 or 5 or 6 which make by the updated installer.

Do you have any comment ? We can discuss more in the IRC later today when you
are available.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@airline38
Hmmm.... interesting!
Did you test the original d2x3 or the korean key patched one (KKP from now on)? I'm assuming you're referring to the original one.
Anyways it might be a loader or cios issue.
If I were you I would try the following:
[*]Test KKP d2x4 with neogamma r9 beta49.[*]If previous step fails test KKP d2x3 with neogamma and cfg.[*]If previous step succeeds then build the d2x4 wad replacing the ESP module with the one from v3. Then apply the KKP and test with both loaders.

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what are the changes between v6beta1 and v6final ? changelog is jumping from v5final to v6final :/

any plans on improving lostwind stability soon ?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
adrenochrome said:
what are the changes between v6beta1 and v6final ? changelog is jumping from v5final to v6final :/
1st post -> Download Links -> Older versions -> d2x v6beta1
Then compare the changelogs.
wink2.gif

QUOTE(adrenochrome @ Jun 9 2011, 10:00 AM) any plans on improving lostwind stability soon ?
Don't know, maybe.
smile.gif

MrAimenify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Blue-K said:
Hielkenator said:

tongue.gif

EDIT:

QUOTE(MrAimenify @ Jun 2 2011, 09:47 PM)
Hello again.
rolleyes.gif
I don't know if it's possible to do this but if there is a way to fix this so it's a kind of a challenge for you.

And the challenge is:
Be able to have access to different partitions in a game.
yaywii.gif

For example, to play these Masterpieces in SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) without coming back to the Wii System Menu.
or
Be able to install the Mario Kart Channel in the game MKW (Mario Kart Wii) without coming back to the Wii System Menu.

Would like to write more about this but do not have time. I hope you understand what I mean.
smile.gif

/MrAimenify, my third post on GBAtemp!
rolleyes.gif
/MrAimenify, my fifth post on GBAtemp!
closedeyes.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got stuck IRL for a few days, but I am finally here. Sorry about the wait.

Anyway, here is d2x cIOS Installer 1.2 MOD, which has d2 v6final + Korean key support for all bases (except base 38):
d2x-cios-installer1-2-MOD+source.rar

I have successfully tested all bases (except base 38) with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess KOR (RZDK01) from CFG USB Loader v69b1 and NeoGamma R9 beta 49, on both my PAL and KOR Wiis.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
davebaol said:
@airline38
Hmmm.... interesting!
Did you test the original d2x3 or the korean key patched one (KKP from now on)? I'm assuming you're referring to the original one.
Anyways it might be a loader or cios issue.
If I were you I would try the following:
[*]Test KKP d2x4 with neogamma r9 beta49.[*]If previous step fails test KKP d2x3 with neogamma and cfg.[*]If previous step succeeds then build the d2x4 wad replacing the ESP module with the one from v3. Then apply the KKP and test with both loaders.

Since damysteryman has released the d2x cios installer MOD (thanks ,damysteryman) ,
I think I should use this to test on my KOR Wii tomorrow (your tonight).

I just used this MOD installer to make a cIOS249[56]d2x6 and tested a KOR game (WiiFit)
on my JPN Wii. There is no problem by using CFG v69b3.

According to damysteryman's test result , suppose I should not get any "DSI Code Dump"
problem on my KOR Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat