Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
norbyte said:
@davebaol:
We had the idea to publish an issue list (maybe on the first post). You said you have one locally. An issue list has the advantage that everbody can see the nice progress of d2x and what we can expect in future.
+1
yay.gif

And you could add to the "future features list" that feature to automatically unmount the HDD when shutting down the console while running a game!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

QUOTE(davebaol @ Jun 6 2011, 09:08 PM) Sorry guys, v6final will be delayed a few days I guess.
I am sick, fever is 39°, vomit and I feel like
p1ng.gif
Oh, that's not good...
frown.gif

We wish you have a nice and quick recovery!
wink.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, now the fever is almost gone but I'm still not completely healed.
Anyways...

Hielkenator said:
Found a potentially Block Ios Reload INcompatible game.
Flatout for Wii.

With block ios enabled, game crashes when selecting a car.
When Block Ios Disabled, game loads fine.
Confirmed using Usbl GX aswell as CFG loader.
using latest cfg loader, GX rev 1087, D2X beta 6

Also dave, get well soon.
Flatout NTSC-U works for me on my PAL Wii with and without IOS reload block.
Tested with NeoGamma R9 beta49 (WBFS) and CFG v69a5 (WBFS/FAT).
Can anybody else confirm?

EDIT:
Hielkenator, check your image is not corrupted.
Also, if you're on FAT/NTFS try defragging the HDD or just the game file (for the latter case use Diskeeper in Windows).

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
imbizile said:
First of all, thanks for the great effort that is put into d2x
smile.gif

One game that I never managed to get working from hhd is The Amazing Race, so I had my hopes high when trying with d2x, but sadly it still does not work. Anyone else had any luck getting this game to work?

Confirmed NOT to work with any usb loaders (CFG - GX and WiiFlow) and d2x v6 B1, just boot into a black screen (yet another Ubisoft problem)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fox888 said:
imbizile said:
smile.gif

One game that I never managed to get working from hhd is The Amazing Race, so I had my hopes high when trying with d2x, but sadly it still does not work. Anyone else had any luck getting this game to work?

Confirmed NOT to work with any usb loaders (CFG - GX and WiiFlow) and d2x v6 B1, just boot into a black screen (yet another Ubisoft problem)

Are you trying with EVERYTHING that patches the game disabled? As long as i don't get a report that actually shows the correct stuff was tried, i count the game as working:
http://gbatemp.net/t263285-wii-2319-the-am...t&p=3252619

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL yep tried every single thing that could be done..

loading the game from Fat32 HDD and the game JUST LOAD INTO A BLACK SCREEN, but the Wiimote resync just fine by it self like with all other games

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox888 said:
imbizile said:
smile.gif

I just read through the official release thread and found one person that could get this working with USBloader GX. See here.

To me this sounds like an issue of a bad release. Can anyone that owns the game rip it to HDD and then test?

Also, can anyone test this game with SNEEK/UNEEK?

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Skater4599 said:
norbyte said:
WiiPower said:
norbyte said:
I found another little issue with d2x.. I (and somebody before me also [for sure
biggrin.gif
]) found out, that HOME button > reset will not turn back to the system menu. But this only works if block IOS reload is enabled. I tested Triviual Pursuit PAL with base 56 (cfg, default settings) and HOME > reset turned to system menu (tested twice). I then enabled reload blocking and the game reloaded well (but needed a long time and the wiimote lost sync).

[...]

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu(this is overwritten by the return to channel from d2x if enabled)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu

What is your issue exactly?

Home menu -> "Wii menu" -> Return to system menu (works always)
Home menu -> "Reset" -> Return to game main menu (worked never for me, brought me always back to system menu, but with d2x v6 beta and ios block reload this works and ONLY with this option)

This has been a problem since day 1 of USB loading, D2x is the first to FIX this with ios block reload. I still don't see your issue? Your issue is actually a fix thanks for d2x

Ok, started a last test with different games. All games are PAL and ran with default configuration, in main menu I pressed "Home", chose "Reset" and here are the results:

- Mario Kart Wii: works (=brings back to game main menu)
- Wii Play: works
- Wii Sports: works
- New Super Mario Bros Wii: works
- Mario Party 8: does not work (Wii hangs)
- Wii Party: does not work (Wii hangs)
- Triviual Pursuit: does not work (back to wii menu)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: does not work (back to wii menu)

Is this enough to accept it as an issue?
wink.gif

Btw: Get well soon, davebaol! You definitively work to hard for us.
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
Ok, now the fever is almost gone but I'm still not completely healed.
Anyways...

Hielkenator said:
Found a potentially Block Ios Reload INcompatible game.
Flatout for Wii.

With block ios enabled, game crashes when selecting a car.
When Block Ios Disabled, game loads fine.
Confirmed using Usbl GX aswell as CFG loader.
using latest cfg loader, GX rev 1087, D2X beta 6

Also dave, get well soon.
Flatout NTSC-U works for me on my PAL Wii with and without IOS reload block.
Tested with NeoGamma R9 beta49 (WBFS) and CFG v69a5 (WBFS/FAT).
Can anybody else confirm?

EDIT:
Hielkenator, check your image is not corrupted.
Also, if you're on FAT/NTFS try defragging the HDD or just the game file (for the latter case use Diskeeper in Windows).

Yes it's working fine without Block ios reload.
With block ios reload enabled it crasches the moment you press A to pick your car.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
norbyte said:
Ok, started a last test with different games. All games are PAL and ran with default configuration, in main menu I pressed "Home", chose "Reset" and here are the results:

- Mario Kart Wii: works (=brings back to game main menu)
- Wii Play: works
- Wii Sports: works
- New Super Mario Bros Wii: works
- Mario Party 8: does not work (Wii hangs)
- Wii Party: does not work (Wii hangs)
- Triviual Pursuit: does not work (back to wii menu)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: does not work (back to wii menu)

Is this enough to accept it as an issue?
wink.gif

Btw: Get well soon, davebaol! You definitively work to hard for us.
smile.gif

AFAIK this has been this way since all usb loaders came around. Curious though is this test with the new block ios reload set to on? I have not tested but I think that helps this problem, if not fixes it for all games?

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did not had IOS block reload set to on. Why? These games are not reloading an IOS. So I thought d2x had fixed the option for all games even without setting it to on.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
norbyte said:
I did not had IOS block reload set to on. Why? These games are not reloading an IOS. So I thought d2x had fixed the option for all games even without setting it to on.

The games might execute an IOS Reload and reboot the game completely maybe? Some gamecube games work that way for sure.

It does reboot to system menu because the game immediately fails to read the disc(read disc id failure?) and the default action in this case is to reboot to the system menu. Do you know any IOS Reloading games that do not return to the system menu if the IOS Reload is not blocked?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually some games like WiiPary force an ios reload when you press reset.
If you enable ios reload block the reset should work for all games.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@WiiPower:
See my test results. All tests were done without IOS reload blocking. So resetting "Wii Play" works, f. ex.

@davebaol:
Thanks for your help. So, enabling "IOS block reload" by default is recommended in your opinion, right?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see test results with IOS block reload on and hitting reset button.

@norbyte - I think was just communication issue, every other cIOS before d2x has had same results with hitting the reset button, its not a new bug in d2x. And blocking ios reload on games even if they are not ios reloading games, as dave said, should fix the issue. Can you do the tests again with Block IOS reload set to on? Im curious the results

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xfcrowman said:
Fox888 said:
imbizile said:
smile.gif

I just read through the official release thread and found one person that could get this working with USBloader GX. See here.

To me this sounds like an issue of a bad release. Can anyone that owns the game rip it to HDD and then test?

Also, can anyone test this game with SNEEK/UNEEK?
Tried it already in SNEEK/UNEEK, exactly the same thing happens there...just to make sure, i will try another rip...

Update: nope, still blackscreen, tried it with SNEEK/UNEEK again and CFG with only IOS reload block on and with Mighty Loader v16. The rip should be OK now..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since the game is from ubisoft, it's mandatory to really disable all patching. If the game worked with a semi old version of GX, i don't see any reason why it shouldn't work, other than some stupid patch being enabled, or a bad rip.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
norbyte said:
@davebaol:
Thanks for your help. So, enabling "IOS block reload" by default is recommended in your opinion, right?
Yes, just be aware that IOS reload block with fraglist requires a number of free nand blocks strictly proportional to the fragmentation level of the game on the device.
In the worst case it can require up to 32 blocks, i.e. 512KB.
However usually less than 1 block, i.e. 16KB, should be required.

On the other hand, IOS reload block with pure WBFS (no fraglist) always requires 8 bytes.

Of course the nand is written just before ios reload, so this doesn't affect games that never reload the ios, even if that feature is enabled.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
@Hielkenator
It works for me with and without ios reload block.
Please try what I suggested you before.

@Daveboal: Game is working now without problems, maybe there was something left in memory?
Very weird.

So please ignore previous post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...