Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suspect GX doesn't recognize d2x cios because of the new revision number 21003.
Please use the "Advanced Custom Donwloads" option of ModMii to change the revision number back to 21 and then test if GX works.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
davebaol said:
I suspect GX doesn't recognize d2x cios because of the new revision number 21003.
Please use the "Advanced Custom Donwloads" option of ModMii to change the revision number back to 21 and then test if GX works.
Yes, you are right... this is a code line in GX:

" if((iosRev < 9 || iosRev > 30) && iosRev != 65535) //let's see if Waninkoko actually gets to 30 "

I hope Dimok will change this line in the near future... he just have to look at the discussion in googlecode...

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noob comment coming up ....

does this latest cIOSX allow nand emulated gamesaves thru a usb loader ?
and ...
is this something that can be configured when installing the new cIOSX, or does the usb loader need to support the function ?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
d_bizzzz said:
noob comment coming up ....

does this latest cIOSX allow nand emulated gamesaves thru a usb loader ?
and ...
is this something that can be configured when installing the new cIOSX, or does the usb loader need to support the function ?

It's doable by using the cIOS NAND EMU but not every USB Loader is taking advantage of it.

Brianakin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

I am having trouble getting 249d2x56 and 250d2x57 to show up as IOS options for games in Wiiflow. When I go to a game to check the IOS, the Default cannot be scrolled left, then once I scroll right to see my options, I go from 202, 222, 223, 224, 236, 247, 248 and back to 202. Any thoughts?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brianakin said:
Greetings!

I am having trouble getting 249d2x56 and 250d2x57 to show up as IOS options for games in Wiiflow. When I go to a game to check the IOS, the Default cannot be scrolled left, then once I scroll right to see my options, I go from 202, 222, 223, 224, 236, 247, 248 and back to 202. Any thoughts?
Using ModMii's advanced custom downloads, create 249d2x56 with a version # of 21 and create a 250d2x57 with a version # of 65535. Install and try that.

Brianakin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Brianakin said:
Greetings!

Using ModMii's advanced custom downloads, create 249d2x56 with a version # of 21 and create a 250d2x57 with a version # of 65535. Install and try that.

Thanks mate. Never would've occurred to me that 21003 made it problematic.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Brianakin said:
Dent said:
Brianakin said:
Greetings!

It isn't, i used cIOSx rev 21003 with wiiflow rev. 304 and the new beta, when selecting an Alt. IOS, i can see all my installed IOses. It must be something with your setup..try a clean Wiiflow install also..

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cIOSX d2x v4beta1

Finally a little update made in my few spare time.

Since this is a beta version logging is on during nand emulation.

Changelog:
QUOTE said:
  • v4beta1
    • EHCI - Fixed a bug to support HDD greater than 1TB
    • FAT - Updated FatFs from 0.8 to 0.8b
    • FAT - Fixed a potential buffer overflow while reading a directory
    • FAT - Changes due to the fix for huge HDD made in EHCI module
    • FFS - Removed workaround on file renaming since the issue has been fixed by updating FatFs into the FAT module
    • Other minor changes.

How to build and install

Now the install process is even simpler due to ModMii's new d2x beta support.
Also, only actually invalid files will be reported after downloading.
[*]Download and install ModMii v4.5.1 or higher[*]Download d2x v4beta1 from mirror 1 or mirror 2[*]Unpack the folder "d2x-beta" inside ModMii's folder named "modules"[*]Launch ModMii[*]Enter "I Agree"[*]Enter "4" to navigate to Download Page 4[*]Add to the download queue all the d2x wads you need, for example "249d2x56" and "250d2x57"[*]Enter "D" to download selected files[*]Enter "Y" to start downloading[*]Install the wad files with a Wad Manager[*]You're done! Please test and report
yaywii.gif

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Good work on everything guys. Thanks for all the updates.
Do I have to change rev21004 to rev21 in showmiiwads? It was giving me the ret error cant find titles
or one of the sort, so I went back into showmiiwads and changed 21004 to 21 and now its working fine.
Just thought I'd ask. Wasnt sure if thats how it was. Seems like config usb can read 21004 though.
Wasn't to sure if mighty channels could read it or not. I'm using mighty channels beta 6
with cIOSX246[56] d2x v4beta1.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Etheboss said:
Brianakin said:
Dent said:
Brianakin said:
Greetings!

It isn't, i used cIOSx rev 21003 with wiiflow rev. 304 and the new beta, when selecting an Alt. IOS, i can see all my installed IOses. It must be something with your setup..try a clean Wiiflow install also..
Well the 21003 made it problematic for me and once I changed the version #'s as described, the IOS choices came back (using Wiiflow r304 btw). And it looks like Brianakin had the same problem and his problem was fixed by doing the exact same thing I just did.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
freestile said:
Good work on everything guys. Thanks for all the updates.
Do I have to change rev21004 to rev21 in showmiiwads? It was giving me the ret error cant find titles
or one of the sort, so I went back into showmiiwads and changed 21004 to 21 and now its working fine.
Just thought I'd ask. Wasnt sure if thats how it was. Seems like config usb can read 21004 though.
Wasn't to sure if mighty channels could read it or not. I'm using mighty channels beta 6
with cIOSX246[56] d2x v4beta1.
Yes, you're right.
Migthy Channels beta6 doesn't recognize cios d2x with version number 21xxx.
As XFlak said you can use the option "Advanced Custom Downloads" in ModMii to change the version number to 21.

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@davebaol

done some testing, basically now it functions exactly the same as it use to on my 1 tb hard drive, the channels that worked work, and the ones that didnt dont. main thing is it is working fine with my 2 tb wd elements now, with first partition active 1 tb fat32 with nand dump in root. changed ios version to 21. might try on my 2 tb my book with a single 2 tb partition to see if that works, when i get the chance to put a nand dump on there. will let you know results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol